19 lb gain going CRAZY

Options
aimeef12
aimeef12 Posts: 70 Member
So I have gained 19 lbs in 3.5 months from a band slip and quitting smoking I'm sick 2 my stomach over this I hope my Dr. Will really tighten my band today i have NOOO restriction :'(

Replies

• csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    So, I know it's not what you want to hear, and probably won't be well received considering what group we are in, however I have to say that portion control is the only way to do it. I'm not saying that getting a fill on the band wouldn't help, however it should necessarily be your crutch. Ideally it should be used as a tool to help you learn portion control and change your lifestyle. I'm at the point with my RNY that I could eat vastly more calories than I should actually eat. However I have made portion control a habit. I weigh my food and watch what I eat. The band or any other weight loss surgery will only take you so far, you have to learn to maintain without having restrictions.
  • Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Recognizing you've gotten off track is the first step to getting back on! Quitting smoking is huge, and you should be proud of doing that. Just shows that you DO have the willpower to make a lifestyle change once you set your mind to it. Use this as a "reset" opportunity. :)
  • dolphintattoo
    dolphintattoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Seeing your doc is the best thing you can do. He or she will be able to adjust your band which will help you stay on track, if you didn't need the band, you would have never gotten fat!
  • aimeef12
    aimeef12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    thanks i had an appointment yesterday got a fill hoepfully this helps and i can get back 2 loosing!