Cashews

Options
I started week 3 of atkins (phase 2) and added cashews to my diet (I have been having 9 cashews a day). My weight loss seems to have slowed down. I know it will naturally slow down, but wondered if the cashews might have anything to do with it?

Replies

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Unlikely but it is different for every one. I did just fine eating a cup of nuts and staying under 30 net carbs.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I started week 3 of atkins (phase 2) and added cashews to my diet (I have been having 9 cashews a day). My weight loss seems to have slowed down. I know it will naturally slow down, but wondered if the cashews might have anything to do with it?

If you haven't already, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/684525-why-the-rapid-weight-loss-on-low-carb-induction-stops

My vote is that 9 cashews aren't affecting anything, it's just the natural progression of the plan. Put your scale away for awhile and go by how you feel and how your clothes are fitting. The scale can make you crazy, trust me! lol
  • carlywarlywains
    carlywarlywains Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome. Thank you
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Love cashews, but they are on the 'higher' side of carb count. Each body responds differently, but try to not have cashews--try fire roasted pumpkin seeds instead--you can have 1/2 a cup at only 2g carbs!!!!!:) Ditch the cashews for like a week and see what happens;) And good luck to you on your journey. It's a difficult and challenging one, but we are all on the same boat:)
  • 3mtntops
    3mtntops Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had been on Atkins for a few months in 2011. I started having the small snack size nuts everyday after lunch.
    Not only did I stop maintaining I started gaining. Everything else was the same and that was the only change in diet.
    Now days I check first and eat second.
    You get more bang for your buck by cutting a Tablespoon of nuts up and sprinkle over your food.
    Almonds have been known to help with cravings but once again measure it out first.