Bullet Proof Coffee

Options
debilang
debilang Posts: 874 Member
Do any of you drink more than one cup of Bullet Proof Coffee a day? I put in my coffee 2 tblss butter and 2 tbls of coconut oil. I go through my ONE cup of coffee in the morning for Energy...but it tastes sooo good I could drink another one no problem! Just curious. Thanks all!!! It sure would UP my fat intake :):) I already take a Tsp of Coconut Oil in the afternoon for energy. Thanks in advance :) Deb :drinker:

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your macro goals for the day, go for it.

Sadly, I haven't been having my buttered coffee in the mornings lately. I ran into a surplus of heavy cream (got a whole gallon for free). So, I am using that instead of the butter and coconut oil. If I don't, it will go bad before I can use it all. Once I no longer have a surplus, I'm going right back to the bullet proof method. There's really no comparison . The calories might be the same, but the taste and texture are very different. I miss my old coffee.

Edit: I really can't complain. Heavy cream is not cheap and getting a ton of it for free was awesome.
  • shannonlee337
    Options
    Oh man I only use a Tbsp in mine...I'm going to add more tomorrow because I can't seem to get enough fat in with food anyway, and if I do, my protein ends up being too high. I'll try more coconut oil tomorrow. Never used butter in it...will have to try!

I would think more than one cup would be ok as long as it fits in your macros. But not 100% sure. If it doesn't, then cut the fat content in the first cup and save it for a second cup in the afternoon!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Do any of you drink more than one cup of Bullet Proof Coffee a day? I put in my coffee 2 tblss butter and 2 tbls of coconut oil. I go through my ONE cup of coffee in the morning for Energy...but it tastes sooo good I could drink another one no problem! Just curious. Thanks all!!! It sure would UP my fat intake :):) I already take a Tsp of Coconut Oil in the afternoon for energy. Thanks in advance :) Deb :drinker:

I do. Sometimes I need more fat to meet my macro, so I have a second BPC in the early evening. I don't have a problem drinking coffee in the evening. It doesn't keep me up at night.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon of coconut oil, a tablespoon of MCT oil and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. I drink it about 9 am. It taste wonderful, however with all that fat I'm not hungry until 2ish. I drink water in between. That one cup of coffee is about 310 cals. Maybe instead of having another cup, add another tablespoon of fat? If I drink more coffee I wouldn't be able to get all my water...
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ALL...your comments have been VERY helpful. I think I would be good for my macros to go up to 150g of fat, no problem! Right now, I feel good with the one cup (interesting how "they" say wait 20 minutes, and your tummy will feel satisfied. I think I drink my coffee tooo FAST! hehehe...Thanks again :)
  • rubywanderlust
    Options
    I haven't tried BPC yet, but it sounds interesting. Mind you, I tried butter tea in Bhutan and it was kind of gross....
    How do you make it? Is it essential to use a blender? It sounds like a lot of work for a 5am cup....

Thx
  • bfnaught
    bfnaught Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have 1 BPC every morning. If the end of the day comes and I need some more fat I grab a fat bomb from the freezer. I make mine with 1 tbs of coconut oil, 1 tbs of unsalted butter and 2 packets of equal. I think the blender is pretty important. You need the fats to get really incorporated and it makes it frothy, which I like.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I drink two cups heavy cream lattes from Starbucks when I am travelling. It's not easy to get my fats in, so I drink around 20 ounces of heavy cream coffee in a day. Do what fits best for you.
  • shannonlee337
    Options
    I can tell you what I do to make it really quick in the morning. I pre-measure my Tbsps of coconut oil for the week and keep them in a container by the coffee machine. I use a Starbucks machine to make a cup each morning (could do same with Keurig). This just cuts down on prep time for me.

Anyway, I just make the one cup with the coconut oil in it and add the heavy cream the morning of. The oil melts as the coffee goes in the mug. I quickly take an emulsion hand blender and blend it and drink. Takes me less than 3 min for the whole process. And worth it...so yummy!:drinker:

The emulsion blender just ensures that the oil and coffee mix well and don't separate much.
  • SisterMable
    SisterMable Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have one of those little cheap Ikea frothers. It looks like a little spring wound into a circle on the end of a stick. Battery operated. I just give my coffee a whizz after the oils are melted, and boom, done.
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have one of those little cheap Ikea frothers. It looks like a little spring wound into a circle on the end of a stick. Battery operated. I just give my coffee a whizz after the oils are melted, and boom, done.

About the same as me, I have a mini electric whisk I bought from the 100 yen store. Zip & Sip.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking BP coffee yesterday. I really thought it was going to be gross, but I love it! I use an immersion blender and pre-measure everything but the coffee the night before. Literally takes just a minute to whip it up!

Also, I drank two cups of this stuff this morning and so far I feel fine...but 760 calories gone at breakfast will have me making some adjustments later!
  • HauteLlama
    HauteLlama Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use mine to help me fast in the mornings. My typical BPC looks like this: 1/4 c coconut cream or whipping cream, 1 T butter, 1 T coconut oil. I heat up the cream in the microwave for 15-20 sec, blend in the butter/oil, add a pinch of cinnamon and 3 drops stevia.... THEN I add my coffee. Perfect every time. x
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    There is a Paleo/Primal cafe near my office so I often end up having 2 BPC a day. One at home (with butter and coconut oil) and one for lunch (with butter and MCT oil) :)
  • rubywanderlust
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I will have to dig out my hand blender this weekend and give it a try!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Does anyone notice a big difference when you use MCT oil as opposed to coconut oil? I just bought a bottle but haven't tried it yet.
  • bakerej24
    Options
    Does anyone know why I might be getting a headache/feeling nauseous after drinking bulletproof chai tea? I started it on Monday. Chai tea bag, 1 Tbsp. Ghee (can't have dairy...ghee is new to me), 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil, and 1/3 C Coconut milk (from a can).

I'm wondering if it is the caffeine? Although, I don't know if it is enough to bring the nausea along with the headache. Maybe its a combination?

Thanks for your help :)
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Does anyone notice a big difference when you use MCT oil as opposed to coconut oil? I just bought a bottle but haven't tried it yet.

The cafe coffee with MCT does seem more filling than my morning BPC with Coconut Oil but maybe that's because I have it with a light lunch too.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well I had my first BPC with MCT this morning. Yuck! I found it had a sort of chemical taste to it or something. I missed the hint of coconut you get from the coconut oil. Its only been about 1.5 hours since I drank it so I can't say if its helping with hunger or not.

I picked the bottle up yesterday & took a Tbsp right away, straight right out of the bottle and today my ketones were up a bit. not sure if its related or not but I think I'll just take it that way from now on & enjoy my BPC with coconut oil as usual.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I don't use MCT. I've heard it has a strong taste. I prefer virgin coconut oil. Coconut oil has enough MCT.