Commitment

Options
liannap
liannap Posts: 91 Member
It is hard enough to not drink daily, let alone when on holiday. Every day offers a reason to have drinks in daylight. My commitment for the second part of the holiday is no drink before 6pm - a nice colonial habit.
By not drinking during the day I save myself 2 pints of craft beer, which is 500(!) cals a day x 7 (days left of holiday) = 3500 cals.
Need I say more?
Cheers!
Lianna

Replies

• ryankerzan
    Options
    I frequently battle with being in the presence of alcoholic beverages. I have gone 6 months without any drinking before. This usually results in horrible backslides. It is really hard to find a happy medium. I enjoy my beers and mixed drinks. I even brew my own beer. I have been smart enough not to keep my homebrew cold and easily avail. The saddest part is that I know I could probably drop 15-20 pounds in one month if I abstained from all alcohol and gluten containing products. It just seems there is always and I really mean always an event on my calendar that has alcohol there. So as an idea I have thought about creating myself a stamp card to keep on me with a monthly intake allowance. Sort of like a budget. When the stamps are filled I am out. I cannot carry over credits and cannot borrow credits either. (maybe I can use exercise credits for consumption.) Sorry for the rant. Just looking for other input on the consumption issue.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    No you sure don't have to say more. I've done the math as well and 1 bottle (750 not 1.5 liter) of chardonnay (my poison of choice) is 500 calories so the same you stated. More importantly for me I just make stupid food choices and have to work my fat butt off at the gym the next day to keep on track with my maintenance
  • liannap
    Options
    I frequently battle with being in the presence of alcoholic beverages. I have gone 6 months without any drinking before. This usually results in horrible backslides. It is really hard to find a happy medium. I enjoy my beers and mixed drinks. I even brew my own beer. I have been smart enough not to keep my homebrew cold and easily avail. The saddest part is that I know I could probably drop 15-20 pounds in one month if I abstained from all alcohol and gluten containing products. It just seems there is always and I really mean always an event on my calendar that has alcohol there. So as an idea I have thought about creating myself a stamp card to keep on me with a monthly intake allowance. Sort of like a budget. When the stamps are filled I am out. I cannot carry over credits and cannot borrow credits either. (maybe I can use exercise credits for consumption.) Sorry for the rant. Just looking for other input on the consumption issue.

What a brilliant idea! You could give yourself a caloric budget for the week or month rather than dedicating a particular day of the week that you are allowed to drink. Hmmm, I have to work on that one for myself as it creates more flexibility with the same result. Thanks for that.
    Cheers!
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    No you sure don't have to say more. I've done the math as well and 1 bottle (750 not 1.5 liter) of chardonnay (my poison of choice) is 500 calories so the same you stated. More importantly for me I just make stupid food choices and have to work my fat butt off at the gym the next day to keep on track with my maintenance

And you know what? If I have the urge to drink because it is wine time, or I am stressed and I need some relieve or whatever reason I can find to unscrew that bottle, I wait a while and do something totally different: I often find that the initial urge has subsided if not totally gone.
    And, if we still worked out the same amount in combination with not drinking alcohol, how sweetly slim and healthy we would be.
    I know, I know, we know it all ...
    Cheers!
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    It is hard enough to not drink daily, let alone when on holiday. Every day offers a reason to have drinks in daylight. My commitment for the second part of the holiday is no drink before 6pm - a nice colonial habit.
    By not drinking during the day I save myself 2 pints of craft beer, which is 500(!) cals a day x 7 (days left of holiday) = 3500 cals.
    Need I say more?
    Cheers!
    Lianna

Diet ginger ale for afternoon drink; 3 white wines and 1 liter of water during dinner while catching up with old friend and reminiscing.
    Happy.
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    My commitment - well, day #2 with my friend of old times. No daytime drinking and 4 white wines and again lots and lots of water.
    Not too bad.
    Now the weekend and the NatMeet of MX5's to start today; lots of friendly lunches and dinners.
    Way to go!
    Enjoy the weekend everyone.
    Cheers!
    Lianna