Staying on Level 1...?

Options
hulamama808
hulamama808 Posts: 498 Member
So I've decided to stay at Level One for a while... I think. I want to be stronger before I move on. Not quitting, but I want to avoid injury. If I'm in this for the long haul, I think it's for the best. For me this might just be a 60 Day Shred... Thoughts?

Replies

• milksibling
    Options
    So I've decided to stay at Level One for a while... I think. I want to be stronger before I move on. Not quitting, but I want to avoid injury. If I'm in this for the long haul, I think it's for the best. For me this might just be a 60 Day Shred... Thoughts?

Sounds good, would you be mixing in additional workouts?
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I seriously considered going back to Level 1 after doing Level 2 tonight. I'm going to try 2 for a couple more days....I remember when I started Level 1, I thought I was going to die. It did get easier. Hopefully so will Level 2!
  • hulamama808
    hulamama808 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    OK. So my friends at work who are doing the Shred workouts with me (but are not in this group) are all of the same mindset - we all want to feel stronger before we move up to level 2. For me, this will mean being able to go deeper into my lunges, using my 3 lb weights without needing to set them down half way through an exercise, and making it through the bicycle abs work w/out a break. Today I did the bicycles w/out a break and noticed that my lunges are definitely improving. I'm getting there... slowly but surely!
  • caranais
    caranais Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm staying on level 1 also. I've had a throat/ear infection and a pulled calf muscle during the 2 weeks, so don't feel that I'm ready to move on yet. I want to do the pushups properly not on my knees and be able to go right down on the lunges first. I didn't do anything before, so still feel I'd do better to do this every day than to maybe try level 2 before I'm ready, get injured or just give up. So I'll stay on level 1 for a while and move on when I'm ready. I have definitely lost inches, so am happy, and will move on when I feel ready for a new challenge. Well done to everyone who has tried this xx