Is any one in MS. Alive???

Options
So i am back at trying to do this again. I started 1.5yrs ago did good lost 56 lbs then my wife got prego and i gained more weight than she did.. So i am starting over and this time my goal is to lose 52lbs. I have noticed that there are folks that live next to each other in small ms towns that are not friends. I have also noticed there is 114 folks in this group and it seem someone joins adds their town and nothing is ever said... I think we can stick together better than this... So i am starting this topic with hopes that folks will check in and hold each other accountable. I would like to also know if any MFP folks are planning on running the 5k run for Jason in Brandon APR 7th?... This will be my first 5k in over 1.5 yrs.... I am just hoping to finish in one piece. Well enough Rambling..

Replies

• mscountrygirl39456
    mscountrygirl39456 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amanda, I'm alive..... I noticed the same thing with people logging their town
    I check in usually every week, but never post anything cause it's like a ghost town ....
    I've never have done a marathon or run... I would probably be dead if I did.......
    Welcome back!!!!
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I started this Ms Group myself. I tried issuing challenges and everything but no one seems to check in regularly. I live in Collins and the only 5k here is at the Okatoma festival. I woukd love to do it but I want sone others to do it with me.
  • rachaelhardin
    Options
    I can't run but im there with you in spirit!
  • krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    We're all out to lunch...or dinner
  • jyn992000
    jyn992000 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm from Purvis. I keep starting and stopping with my journey. I never can seem to stay motivated for very long. I used to do a little running. Hopefully I can find a good track nearby to start at again.
  • paulakabrownegg
    paulakabrownegg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey look some folks are alive LOL!! I have not logged in due to travelling overseas but i will have access to computer for next month. I have managed to stick with it so far. I am about 9 weeks straight although my counter doesnt show because there is always a day or two i cant log in during travel. Would love to make new friends etc so if any one wants feel free to holler. If you have a 5 K coming to your town let me know i am always looking for somewhere to go run. I ran a 5 K my last week home and i didnt do so well. My PR is 28mins and i finished this one in 32 minutes so was not to happy but on the bright side i am doing them and have managed to continue on.
  • paulakabrownegg
    Options
    MAWS, I would love to come complete that one with you but I will be overseas at work... I had looked at doing it last year cause i like to go to the lil festivals etc in small towns.
  • metalgirl4
    metalgirl4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im sure plenty of us are alive lol. But as others have said the group seems a "ghost town". I think when I first joined none had posted in months and I haven't been back since but hopefully it picks up!
  • paulakabrownegg
    Options
    yes you would think folks would chat a little... I mean i would love to find people to complete runs with etc... none of my friend like those kinds of things. I plan on going to La May 24 th and doing a 5 K.. My wife is going to walk i will run and we gonna have the nieces and nephews there for their first 1K... i really enjoy them. Well just hoping some folks will chat etc..
  • jyn992000
    Options
    Run or Dye is coming to Hattiesburg! I pre registered today. There's no date set yet but it looks like fun. I think I'll see if my daughter wants to run with me. She would love getting covered in all the colors.
  • paulakabrownegg
    Options
    The Color Run is also in Jackson Ms May 24th... Although a group of us are going to La for a memorial run... When u get info on the dates post them as that may be a fun run to go do... I have to know dates before i can register due to fact i work off for month at a time.
  • danadeere
    danadeere Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in flowood I just got back on here as well
  • gypsyeyesforyou
    Options
    Hello from Columbia! I just recently got back on MFP. I would like to lose fat, gain muscle!
  • jyn992000
    Options
    Welcome Gypsy! I'm down the road in Purvis.
  • shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm alive, from Wiggins. Looking for a group to walk with a couple times a month near by.
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm from Longbeach, haven't found anyone here close to me. I'm doing C25K on the beach. Happy trails or tracks to everyone!
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Im glad to meet you all. and glad to see others posting