Need more friends for accountability

Options
Hi all,
I've been up and down in weight my entire life. I am currently at my highest weight ever (except for when I gained 50+ lbs while pregnant) and know that now I need to get this weight off for health reasons. I do not want knee replacements, high blood pressure, or diabetes. Weight loss used to be all about how I looked before but now that I'm 44, it's more about longevity and how I can spend the second half of my life with energy, confidence and good health. I'm currently at about 220 lbs and have joined a hospital weight loss program that is going to help the way I look at food, and myself, and help me learn a whole new way of living. I'm no longer "dieting". I'm making healthy choices and relying (trying to anyway;) on my body to tell me when to eat instead of what this week's diet says. I had to learn the hard way unfortunately. I was down to 130 lbs for about 2 years in 2008/09 (my lowest EVER), and then was let go from my job and spiraled out of control. I went into depression, had no motivation and didn't care anymore so I reverted to my old eating habits. This time I'm trying to learn about food, exercise and myself and implement changes slowly that will last a lifetime. I can't just follow a diet anymore-I'm too afraid of losing it all and then gaining it back:)
If any of this sounds familiar or if I sound like someone you could relate to, please friend me. I would like all the support that I can get and give this my best effort ever!
Thanks for listening,
Darci :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am on everyday. I am in it for the long haul. I want a better, healthier life.
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Same here, I am on everyday and always up for motivated friends.
  • ProudAirforceWife
    ProudAirforceWife Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am on everyday and have not once considered this journey a diet, but a life change. Please feel free to add me for support, advice and, of course, the high fives for every thing we accomplish. Cheers!
  • HealthyNanc
    HealthyNanc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I added you to my friends because I am in the same boat. I'm looking to lose 35-40 pounds but ultimately just be healthier. I am getting back at my workouts and healthy eating and always looking for new supportive friends. Anyone else looking to give & get support feel free to add me as well!
  • TudorRose2013
    TudorRose2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I refuse to diet ever again! Each time I've followed a strict food/exercise program I've lost the weight, only to regain it plus more! I am changing my mindset and being patient as I learn how to have a healthy relationship with food (and exercise). I don't want a quick fix! I want better health overall.

Feel free to add me! I log daily and am in this for the long haul and welcome support and motivation from others!
  • mom2tm
    mom2tm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am on the 2nd (or 10th) time trying this. I feel more determined this time - and having support through here for sure helps!
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. Yes, I sound a lot like you. The difference this time is that I'm not trying to lose weight for my looks, but rather my longevity. Differences this time include giving up diet soda and all artificial sweetners (I've actually began adding real sugar to my coffee after many years with a Splenda addiction). I'm trying to eat organic and trying to avoid as much processed food as possible, and also limiting my meat intake.

If you have Netflix, I suggest you view some of the documentaries, such as Food, Inc and Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. They seriously changed my thought process about what I put in my mouth, although I'm not a vegan nor juicing. I think it's all common sense.