Starting 3/31/14

Options
hcobb33
hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
Hi all - I completed Body Revolution at the end of December. I am ready for round 2 and am starting tomorrow. Anyone else starting this week? Feel free to add me.

Replies

• mywindingroad
    mywindingroad Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am right behind you. I am starting tonight 4/1....Why not start on April Fools Day?
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on 4/1 too!
  • xostephy1022ox
    xostephy1022ox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started 3/31! add me!
  • hcobb33
    Options
    I'm excited there are a few of us starting the same week. This program is easier to stick with if you other people to help keep you accountable.
  • sonal33
    sonal33 Posts: 8
    Options
    I just got it in the mail today and will be starting tomorrow. Please add me too. =)

By the way any idea on how to track the calories burned for each workout?
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday as well for the second go around! The first time I did it I lost 13.2 lbs. I'm hoping for the same results.. I guess we shall see!!
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first day. Wow are my arms sore! Would love some accountability buddies.
  • hcobb33
    Options

By the way any idea on how to track the calories burned for each workout?

For phase 1 last time around, I had just used the "circuit training" option from the exercise database. However, I find that a good chunk of exercises in there end up overestimating calories burned. Then in phase 2, I bought a Polar Heart Rate monitor and I use it for everything.

Here's the one I have (Polar FT 4). It's pretty basic, but it gets the job done: : http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Purple/dp/B005M1P85O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396435542&sr=8-2&keywords=polar+t4
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first day. Wow are my arms sore! Would love some accountability buddies.

I am always sore for a day or two when starting anything new by her. Just keep going and don't give up. It will get better.
  • mywindingroad
    mywindingroad Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am training for a Mud Run on 5/31 so I am starting to walk/run too. (more walking than running right now) Sore doesn't even begin to cover it. Bengay and I are on intimate terms. (Yes, the stuff does work if you can handle the smell.)
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 tomorrow! So sore, but loving it!
  • hcobb33
    Options
    Hi all- just checking in as I just finished week 2. How is everyone doing?

I'm enjoying my 2nd go round thus far and finding I had been able to add weights to some of the more advanced versions of moves. I think back to the first time around and it's amazing to think of the progress I've made. For instance, when I started the first time, I used to have the worst time getting through the running man in cardio 1... it got better as the month progressed. Now, I still HATE it (it feels awkward), but it's not a problem. Also, I'd like to tell you that you never see it after month 1, but that would be a lie... I'm happy also to be moving away from those one legged pelvic thrusts as, again, they feel super awkward to me.

Weeks 3 and 4, here we come :)
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi all- just checking in as I just finished week 2. How is everyone doing?

I'm enjoying my 2nd go round thus far and finding I had been able to add weights to some of the more advanced versions of moves. I think back to the first time around and it's amazing to think of the progress I've made. For instance, when I started the first time, I used to have the worst time getting through the running man in cardio 1... it got better as the month progressed. Now, I still HATE it (it feels awkward), but it's not a problem. Also, I'd like to tell you that you never see it after month 1, but that would be a lie... I'm happy also to be moving away from those one legged pelvic thrusts as, again, they feel super awkward to me.

I've been trying hard to keep up with it, but some nights I've been tired and have decided against it. I think I'm going to start month 1 videos 3 and 4 on Tuesday.
  • SMFRN
    Options

I said the same thing with weeks 7 & 8 yesterday. Goodness, I'm sore today. She really knows how kick your butt! Hope the next two weeks are good to you.
  • hcobb33
    Options

I said the same thing with weeks 7 & 8 yesterday. Goodness, I'm sore today. She really knows how kick your butt! Hope the next two weeks are good to you.

I found that the odd numbered workouts got tougher starting in phase 2. Once you get to phase 3, workout 9 is especially grizzly. Lots of time in various plank moves. But I will say, it makes your shoulders and arms look great.
  • hcobb33
    Options

I've been trying hard to keep up with it, but some nights I've been tired and have decided against it. I think I'm going to start month 1 videos 3 and 4 on Tuesday.

Hang in there and do the best you can. It's worth it. Also, I saw an earlier post about soreness. I find that drinking 8 oz of coconut water after a Jillian workout really helps with the soreness and it's only 40 calories. Vitacoco makes a good one.
  • nbp79
    nbp79 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just started week 2 after the kickstart week. I couldn't keep up with the diet, which was strange as the first time that I did BR I could do it easily. Still, I've lost 2.64 pounds.

I'm also doing all the plyo and weighted modifications of the exercises except the pelvic thrusts. And I'm using heavier weights. I didn't do Cardio 1, instead I'm running, doing her Kickbox Fastfix workout and one day of Insanity.

Very happy, so far.
  • SMFRN
    Options
    Nbp79: Great job! I like how you change the cardio to fit your needs. Your body must have Bern telling you that you needed more calories to ge through the workouts.

Hcobb33: I have also noticed that odd number workouts are brutal but its worth it in the end. I am always sore after I do new routine
  • hcobb33
    Options
    Just started week 2 after the kickstart week. I couldn't keep up with the diet, which was strange as the first time that I did BR I could do it easily. Still, I've lost 2.64 pounds.

I'm also doing all the plyo and weighted modifications of the exercises except the pelvic thrusts. And I'm using heavier weights. I didn't do Cardio 1, instead I'm running, doing her Kickbox Fastfix workout and one day of Insanity.

Very happy, so far.

1200 calories makes my soul cry. It looks like you're doing great without her diet anyway :)
  • snowflakeln99
    snowflakeln99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started the JMBR a tad later than everyone here and am just starting week 2 today. It's nice to read ahead & see how it's going for everyone though! :) I was pretty happy with week 2 results & lost 2 lbs. I got off the diet some & indulged (AF showed & her and sugar or comfort food just go hand in hand it seems like. I need to break that habit somehow!). I can already see a slight change in my waist just from the first week so that is exciting. :)