GUYS!

Options
Level 2:

What. The. Hell.

i did my day 1 tonight so I could get back on track with the rest of the group. I did it after work. I was thinking surely I had enough stamina to do this. Well, I did. I did make it through, but I just wanted to vent about some things:

*moves are DEFINITELY going to be modified for a few days.
*I look like a drunk person doing oblique twists...not sure if I am even going to ever get them down correctly (please tell me there's hope!)
*those plank moves hurt! and I wish I didn't have to do the modified version because I want to be a badass like Natalie!
*double jump rope? I do not understand this. Someone please explain this to me because I'll just keep doing regular jump rope until I get it.
*I do not like the kicking of the foot and the arm press thingy AT ALL, but I will do it.

Anyway. Yay on finishing day 1 of level 2! I am actually not in a lot of pain as compared to level 1, but I sweat a LOT more than I did throughout level 1.

Congrats on everyone else getting through the first day of level 2!

Replies

• ochibi91
    ochibi91 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    To answer your question on the double jump rope, I believe it means jumping higher than usual while turning your wrists twice in the air. That's what I did, at least. I couldn't do it all the way, so I switched back to single jump ropes for a while midway through the workout.

Level 2 is definitely harder than I thought! Those plank moves left me pausing several times and it made me realize how weak my core is!
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch of moves I had trouble with. That skater thing? Not sure I was doing it right at all. I can't remember what else I had problems with, but there were a bunch. I found it to be MUCH harder than Level 1.
  • bobbietaylor733
    Options
    Level 2 is BRUTAL!, I had to pause a couple of times..... I was wondering if anyone has some stiffness in your lower back today. I think it`s from all of the core work and I may be depending on my back muscles for stabilization, instead of my core. I`m finding the cardio way more challenging, mixed in with the strength moves. I`m convinced that the "plank twits" was originally invented as some sort of torture technic ....... :) Oh` well, we`ll get through it, SOMEHOW!
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi, since I started the shred several days before I found this group, I just finished day 5 of level 2 yesterday.
    It does get hmm not easier but less tough after a few days.
    I had to take a rest day after the first day of level two because my shoulders were so sore, I did light cardio that day.
    Yesterday, on day 5, I made it through with some modifications and no five second rests. But I have needed several of those in previous days. I do the plank jacks really slow but I try not to stop.
    It seems to me to be really upper body intensive. I guess I must really need to strengthen my upper body because it's hard for me to do all of the plank things.
    I am scared to even look at level three, ha.
  • agent85
    agent85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    to do double jump rope you jump higher and move your arms like your passing the rope under your feet twice per jump. i used a real jump rope at first to make sure i did it right. just be careful if you do that cause i slapped myself in the face with it and it really hurt. the plank twists get easier but not by much. jillian is crazy like that. im convinced that she and those girls arent human...