How about a 30 squat a day challenge....anyone in?

Options
bm1409
bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
How about this week we have a 30 squat a day challenge? I am actually going to have to google how to do a squat, and I don't know if I can do 30 of them....but I love a challenge. Enjoy your weekend and lets go from monday through friday....anyone in?

Replies

• StreetBystander
    StreetBystander Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'd be up for it.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would be up for that as well, but they'd have to be bodyweight (or at least very low weight, 6 kg) squats for me, because I don't have access to a gym with a squatting rack or anything... will it count?
  • bm1409
    Options
    Rainne90 .... yes, thats actually what I was talking about. Just plain squats.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'll do it!!!
  • Rianne90
    Options
    I just did the first set of 30, with 2 3kg weights. I wanted to do a little bit more than just bodyweight and I just got these so I wanted to use them :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    That many squat reps would be damaging. I prefer less reps with heavier weight.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm up for a squat and reverse lunge challenge. I can do some daily but have to watch my knees. Do we just put the date and that we did them here in this thread?

I really love just being a part of the group and not a leader as in my work I'm the boss with a lot of responsibility and it is nice to just relax.
  • bm1409
    Options
    randomtal......I was just talking about squats with no weights, so no damage. If you want to do it with weights then maybe you can suggest another number for people who want to use weights.

mspoopoo.....That sounds good.
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    30 squats is a reasonable number. Even 5x5 programs - which are considered low reps - have 33 squats per workout day (1x5 with the bar, 1x3 with a partial weight, and 5x5 with the full weight).
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    30 squats is a reasonable number. Even 5x5 programs - which are considered low reps - have 33 squats per workout day (1x5 with the bar, 1x3 with a partial weight, and 5x5 with the full weight).

It is reasonable with rest days. I am just worried these squat challenges do more damage than good.
  • bm1409
    Options
    How can doing them with no weights be bad? I thought squats were good. No problem if we blow it off. I just thought a challenge week would be fun. No big deal. :smile:
  • mspoopoo
    Options
    How can doing them with no weights be bad? I thought squats were good. No problem if we blow it off. I just thought a challenge week would be fun. No big deal. :smile:

I think because so many people do them wrong and end up hurting their knees.

I'm in for the challenge.
  • bm1409
    Options
    Lets do it, but lets change the challenge to suit everyone. How about each person set their amount to fit them. The challenge will be to do X amount of squats monday through friday. Sense I wont be using weights I am going for 30 a day.
  • mspoopoo
    Options
    14 April 30 squats done!
  • Rianne90
    Options
    :smile:
    Goal: 30 squats/day
    12/04: done
    13/04: done
    14/04: done
  • bm1409
    Options
    4/16 30 squats done. :)
  • mspoopoo
    Options
    14 April 30 squats done!
    15 April 30 squats done!
  • StreetBystander
    StreetBystander Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think I replied too quickly. I will have to try squats at another time, once my body is more acclimated to weekly long bike rides. (Particularly the seat.)
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Doh! I'm a day behind!!! But I will make em up today or split the 20 between today and tomorrow. Tomorrow is hopefully zumba (if my back cooperates) and that evil teacher incorperates a good 20-30 over the course of an hour, not to mention putting us in squats and then fake filing her nails or whistling *grrr*...usually I hate her for it, tomorrow I MIGHT thank her..LOL
  • bm1409
    Options
    Tuesday's squats are done. My thighs are sore.