Angel
    Big Bang Theory
    Buffy
    Doctor Who (just got into it actually)
    Ghostbusters
    Heroes
    Making lists
    Putting things in alphabetical order
    Shaun of the Dead (and all things Simon Pegg)
    Star Wars
    Superhero films

...and so much more!
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Sci-fi/fantesy geek here. Love Doctor Who, All star treks (except enterprise -it doesn't exsist in my mind) x-files ,star wars and I have enough books to start a library

most people think the same way about Enterprise.
  • Mollysous
    Options
    Do I need to prove my geek-cred or will you just take my word for it? If so, you may add me, if you need proof, just ask. :)
  • txteva
    txteva Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You going to MCM this year?

Not planning to as I just did LFCC on Sunday (ghostbuster) and two cons is a month gets a bit expensive (I wish they would spread them out a bit more!).
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You going to MCM this year?

Not planning to as I just did LFCC on Sunday (ghostbuster) and two cons is a month gets a bit expensive (I wish they would spread them out a bit more!).

Oh i quite fancied LFCC might do that next year as i think the rules are a bit more relaxed in comparison to MCM London which sucks
  • txteva
    Options

Oh i quite fancied LFCC might do that next year as i think the rules are a bit more relaxed in comparison to MCM London which sucks

I like LFCC - less chaotic than MCM I've found. I did MCM in the summer and spent the whole time trying to stop my costume from being bashed around. I liked MCM Birmingham tho - that was good fun.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

I like LFCC - less chaotic than MCM I've found. I did MCM in the summer and spent the whole time trying to stop my costume from being bashed around. I liked MCM Birmingham tho - that was good fun.

Yeah i quite enjoyed Manchester MCM and hopefully doing the Brum one in November as its back at my home town :D
  • txteva
    Options
    Yeah i quite enjoyed Manchester MCM and hopefully doing the Brum one in November as its back at my home town :D

MCM Brum is closer to me as well... if you're in that area then the Cardiff Film & Comic Con (March/August) is pretty good too
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hmm, sure. I'd take some of dem delicious geek friends actually.

All the usuals , dr who, c'thulhu , comics, star wars, spock with a hint of evil dead and whole lotta zombies.

All that dressed in goth heels and and dirty sense of humour.

Lost my hipster card somewhere around translating harry potter gayfiction (momma needed money sweetheart) but my geek card is here somewhere.

oh yeah, firefly :3
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm always open to new friends full of awesome geekiness!
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and this group and I am in dire need of geeks on my friend list. I will gladly discuss nutrition, yoga, cycling, swimming, weight lifting, and other healthy stuff with you, before we get sidetracked and start geeking out about WoW, Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Zelda, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Sherlock, Firefly, Game of Thrones, all of the books, and omg just add me so I can shut up and start getting to know you.
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm looking too! I am back on my third attempt at losing the weight. I LOVE to encourage people and be encouraged as well. MFP is a better support system for me than my family and friends because none of them are dieting or have the same issues as me.

Geek power! :tongue:
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Have to say, the best MFP friends and motivators I have are those who are geeks, many in this thread itself. So moving this back to the top of the page. And feel free to send a friend request and a note about what is your geekery (so I can judge you know....)
  • RiverCameron
    RiverCameron Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'd love more friends with fandoms!

I love all things Harry Potter, Dr. Who, Joss Whedon, Hunger Games, just to name a few.

For my main cardio I'm using a phone app called Zombies, Run! 5K, which is a couch to 5K program with a story line where you are being trained to be able to run from zombies so you'll be useful to the community once you move to the regular Zombies, Run! game (about to come out with season 3). That it combines my love of sci-fi stories with my desire to get fit gives me so many feels :-)
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like geeky friends ^_^
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Huge Doctor Who and Star Wars nerd, among other things. I could use more friends to geek out while getting fit with. :P
  • StreetBystander
    StreetBystander Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm probably more dorktastic, but I love geeky stuffs and people.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Can friend me if you like. I'm into video games, mostly rpgs, anime, comics, want to try cosplay, GoT, True Blood, o.o *insert a billion cartoons
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oooo! Oooo! Pick me! Pick me!! :D

tumblr_m8r80eK1I21qcw9y0o1_400.jpg