Options
StacyRenee77
StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
Anybody eat these numerous times and not get tired of it? Just curious lol

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yup. Eggs nearly everyday, sausage probably twice a week, and bacon whenever it's on sale ;)
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Oh, definitely got tired of them at first. But then you just have to come up with ideas to make them interesting again.

I'll poach an egg in a soup just before it's ready to come off the heat.
    I'll crumble sausage in a ramekin, add a bit of crushed tomato and a raw egg and bake until set.
    I'll add a veggie into the mix like brussels sprouts or broccoli, with cheese and bacon crumbles.
    Flaxseed bun makes easy breakfast sandwiches with some sugar free ketchup on the side.
    Add a fried egg ontop of a steak or grilled chicken.
    Hardboil the egg (take it out just a bit before you think it's perfect), peel, lay it on ground sausage and carefully enclose it. Deep fry, bake, or broil for a nice Scotch Egg.
    Whip up some keto hollandaise sauce, poach the eggs, and add ontop of an almond meal or flaxseed bun.
    Crumble sausage in a pan and brown, remove, scramble eggs, remove, add riced cauliflower to fry in oil, add soy sauce and veggies of your choice, add back in the sausage and eggs - you have cauliflower fried rice.
  • StacyRenee77
    Options
    Wow great ideas
  • TheFugs
    TheFugs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nope.

I'm doing a "bacon and egg"-fest this week. Needed to cycle some eggs and bacon through my fridge, so I'm having it for breakfast AND lunch every day. Straight up hard-boiled eggs and bacon, nothing fancy. It helps that I'm incredibly busy with work and graduate school -- the convenience factor is amazing.
  • lorarte
    lorarte Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I could eat a cooked breakfast every day and love bacon, eggs and sausage. I probably only eat sausage twice a week, but I'd happily eat it every day lol. You can add them to quiche, make patties out of them (sometimes they are tastier than a burger) and use them to make Scotch Eggs (delicious!).
  • pwkapust
    pwkapust Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 days in keto and i have 3 eggs (fried in coconut oil) and 3 slices of bacon every morning. I don't think I could get tired of this. Bacon was recently on sale, so now I have a bunch of it. Once that runs out (or sooner) I will pick up sausage... to mix things up a bit.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I never get tired of eggs! Love them all ways. Right now I'm obsessing over hard-boiled mashed with Kerrygold butter and these egg/cream cheese crepes I've been making.

2 eggs
    2 oz cream cheese
    cinnamon
    a bit of stevia
    anything else you want to throw in there

whip up and panfry in butter like a pancake. eat with sugar-free syrup and butter. heaven on a plate.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'll poach an egg in a soup just before it's ready to come off the heat.
    I'll crumble sausage in a ramekin, add a bit of crushed tomato and a raw egg and bake until set.
    I'll add a veggie into the mix like brussels sprouts or broccoli, with cheese and bacon crumbles.
    Flaxseed bun makes easy breakfast sandwiches with some sugar free ketchup on the side.
    Add a fried egg ontop of a steak or grilled chicken.
    Hardboil the egg (take it out just a bit before you think it's perfect), peel, lay it on ground sausage and carefully enclose it. Deep fry, bake, or broil for a nice Scotch Egg.
    Whip up some keto hollandaise sauce, poach the eggs, and add ontop of an almond meal or flaxseed bun.
    Crumble sausage in a pan and brown, remove, scramble eggs, remove, add riced cauliflower to fry in oil, add soy sauce and veggies of your choice, add back in the sausage and eggs - you have cauliflower fried rice.

Oh these are good. I had totally forgotten about Scotch eggs. Yum
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I never get tired of eggs! Love them all ways. Right now I'm obsessing over hard-boiled mashed with Kerrygold butter and these egg/cream cheese crepes I've been making.

2 eggs
    2 oz cream cheese
    cinnamon
    a bit of stevia

whip up and panfry in butter like a pancake. eat with sugar-free syrup and butter. heaven on a plate.
    Thanks for that, I think I'll try these today :)
  • lorarte
    lorarte Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    They're really good :-)
  • StacyRenee77
    Options

2 eggs
    2 oz cream cheese
    cinnamon
    a bit of stevia

Yummo
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    Eat eggs and bacon every single day. Still not tired of it yet.

I'll do either eggs over medium or scrambled with a little heavy cream and cream cheese mixed in.
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one eating fried eggs and bacon every day :)

And thanks for the different ways to try them
  • TallaCassie
    Options
    I get tired of eggs. I have to make them not taste "eggy.' Big fan of chorizo, spinach, egg and cheese casseroles topped with guacamole.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I never get tired of eggs or bacon. I make them a variety of ways. I put them in cauliflower fried "rice" or crustless quiches or just scrambled. I could eat bacon every day and not be bored.
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    LOVE my fried buttered eggs in the morning. YUM.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Great ideas.
  • shanniem1
    shanniem1 Posts: 35
    Options
    I make a tex mex "scrabble" almost every day - I love it.
    Spinach or Kale (3 cups)
    Egg(s)
    Italian Sausage
    Tex Mex seasonings
    Top with (whatever you like: Cheese, avocado, salsa, sour cream)

Pork Rind waffles or pancakes are also divine