The Weekend

Options
Well, the weekend is here, and it's going to be warm and sunny here (which usually means being outside with some beers). Wish me luck, and the same to the rest of you!

Replies

• liannap
    liannap Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well, the weekend is here, and it's going to be warm and sunny here (which usually means being outside with some beers). Wish me luck, and the same to the rest of you!

Yes, like you, weekends do it for me, or rather, they tend to undo what I achieved during the week.
    We are starting our NatMeet of MX5's today and the dinners are normally very "friendly". Fingers crossed.
    Good luck to you, talk Monday ????
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    The weekend is over and Saturday I survived on four glasses of white wine diluted with water, which effectively makes it 2 glasses of wine.
    Sunday I just had two normal glasses.
    That was all.
    This must have saved me about 1500 - 2000 cals.
    Wednesday midnight I will be back home from my break - looking forward to getting stuck into non alcohol days and finding a satisfactory drink for the weekends.
    How did you all go?
    Cheers
    Lianna
  • divinitydancer
    divinitydancer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    People kept buying me drinks at the bar on Friday! I must have had 3,000 cal of booze that night. I had an awesome time, but now I am back to my starting weight. I used to drink those stupid Mikes Harder blueberry lemonades every day(4 or 5 of them). I gave them up a few weeks ago. I started gaining weight when I started drinking them in 2011. I have always been super active and I think it helped me stay close to the healthy weight range, but I cant afford new clothes, and I refuse to buy larger ones. I am only drinking one day a week from now on! I have made it over a week now. That's pretty good for me! (I did have 1/2 of a coors light one night after my daughter got attacked by a dog). Did I mention that my best friend works at the liquor store? I am in for a challenge!
  • liannap
    Options
    People kept buying me drinks at the bar on Friday! I must have had 3,000 cal of booze that night. I had an awesome time, but now I am back to my starting weight. I used to drink those stupid Mikes Harder blueberry lemonades every day(4 or 5 of them). I gave them up a few weeks ago. I started gaining weight when I started drinking them in 2011. I have always been super active and I think it helped me stay close to the healthy weight range, but I cant afford new clothes, and I refuse to buy larger ones. I am only drinking one day a week from now on! I have made it over a week now. That's pretty good for me! (I did have 1/2 of a coors light one night after my daughter got attacked by a dog). Did I mention that my best friend works at the liquor store? I am in for a challenge!
    Divintydance, welcome to our group. The first step to cutting back alcohol is admitting that social drinking is your weakest spot in the weight loss game. You are safe now ???? we all look after each other.
    I am currently away from home but after Easter I intend to have tips and advice that I hope to gather and share; I am certain that we will have a chain reaction and social interaction to assist each other on the road to health and fitness.
    Meanwhile congratulations for sticking to drinking one day a week - not easy but very rewarding.
    As fas as your friend in the liquor store is concerned: it will now save you money seeing her! See, there is always an upside.
    Stay in touch.
    Cheers!
    Lianna
  • divinitydancer
    divinitydancer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks liannap! I appreciate that!
    The 125.4 on the scale to the left is what I weighed before I started drinking every day. I would like to get back to that!
  • liannap
    Options
    Thanks liannap! I appreciate that!
    The 125.4 on the scale to the left is what I weighed before I started drinking every day. I would like to get back to that!
    Wanting to cut out/to cut back on drinking is the first step to 125.4!
    Check in regularly on our group page and read about the bad effects alcohol has on weight loss.
    And ... Please share what you tips, suggestions, reading material you have found.
    Talk soon.
    Cheers!
    Lianna
  • liannap
    Options
    Hello everyone - Easter looooong weekend.
    I am very much enjoying this lovely weekend and the soft warm autumn weather.
    Yes I am drinking but I am drinking consciously: this group forces me to think about social thinking.
    I start later and I finish earlier; I also drink a lot more (sparkling) mineral water.
    Are you going well too?
    Happy Easter everyone.
    Cheers
    Lianna
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Well here we are Sunday AM..... I do not plan to have any drinks today. Thursday we hung out with some old friends and I had a Sam Adam's Boston Ale then 3 Bud Light Limes....not too bad. Friday we worked outside most of the day with WATER.... hung out with our normal group of local friends - I stuck with my Vodka, Sprite Zero and Water flavors. Found some great new flavors too.... had about 3 shots of vodka thru out the night.... then last night we had dinner at my parents house and had 4-5 small glasses of our home brew!

All in All not too bad.... and the scale isn't too angry with me this AM. Feelin' pretty good about this weekend. I could've done a lot worse! Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
  • liannap
    Options
    Well here we are Sunday AM..... I do not plan to have any drinks today. Thursday we hung out with some old friends and I had a Sam Adam's Boston Ale then 3 Bud Light Limes....not too bad. Friday we worked outside most of the day with WATER.... hung out with our normal group of local friends - I stuck with my Vodka, Sprite Zero and Water flavors. Found some great new flavors too.... had about 3 shots of vodka thru out the night.... then last night we had dinner at my parents house and had 4-5 small glasses of our home brew!

All in All not too bad.... and the scale isn't too angry with me this AM. Feelin' pretty good about this weekend. I could've done a lot worse! Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
    That is indeed not too bad.
    It's now Monday where I am and I did drink on Sunday as well as on Thursday, Friday and Saturday - but Sat and Sun were far far less than what I would have drunk without this group.
    We are having some people over this afternoon and I plan to stick with my G&dietT and I will forgo on the wine as I have had too much in too many consecutive days. I can feel it and I don't like that feel so, as of tomorrow no booze until Saturday.
    I hope all of you are really good and happy.
    Cheers, Happy Easter!
    Lianna