WEEKLY CHECK IN'S - April 7th-13th week

Options
Finayoung
Finayoung Posts: 38 Member
So..... the week of April 6th, I was a bad girl.
I still havent found my way just yet to where i'm eating and know I'm doing perfectly fine. I spoke to someone who informed me that she saw major weight loss just from avoiding these 3 things.

1. White Breads
2. Pasta
3. Rice

I decided today would be the first time without and ALREADY failed. I went to Panera and could not resist a half avacodo and turkey sandwich (minus bacon and tomato).

I think overall, not my worse day but not as good as I know I can do!

What about you all?

Replies

• laridaes
    laridaes Posts: 13
    Options
    Panera used to be my favorite place to eat - it is close to work, fast, I'm a proud member of the Panera club, and I can't go there anymore as that bread - that bread - breaaaaaddddd!!!!! I'm still finding my way too, but I'm realizing that with this way of eating, it is okay to take baby steps. Found several mentions of doing so on reddit so am trying to just take it day by day and do better each day. You can do it! Not a bacon fan? I like it but am not all consumed by it. I'm out and I won't buy anymore until after this next week as I have other things.
  • ChelleSimmo7
    ChelleSimmo7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The key here with breads and rice is WHOLE GRAINS. Limit yourself to only TWO starches a day. Starch is GOOD for you and carbs are GOOD for you. Just not to much, and if you think carbs are bad use a diabetic individual as an example. Their food selections are all based around carbs, not calories (unless weight loss is also a goal). PORTION is they key. MEASURE is the magic word. MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE EVERYTHING 1/4 cup of whole grain (brown) rice is a serving. ONE slice of bread/toast is a serving. ONE medium potato/sweet potato is a serving. The most important part when you make your dinner is to pile on those veggies. I love sautéing up some green peppers and onions to toss on top of my rice and seasoned chicken :)

Remember Carbs are not evil, calories are not evil. Sodium and processed sugars are the culprits (not totally but a big factor). You can still have your sandwich, just start training yourself to take that extra second to think..... wheat!

Ps. Anything that has more than 400 g of sodium.... DO NOT EAT IT. That is murder on the gastric mucosa and nutritionally inadequate. whatever good it may have does not out weigh the bad.

Pss. I am a nursing student and these are all things that I teach to my patients and I have learned to live by. "practice what you preach" so to say
  • dcue103
    dcue103 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have not had bread, pasta, or white rice in two months and have list twenty pounds. I eat brown rice about once a week. It seems to be working. Try it. It is not as hard as you think.
  • wynn217
    wynn217 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This week I'm up to 202, the reasons:

1. Pizza Hut
    2. Whataburger
    3. Chick-Fil-A

My excuse, I don't feel like cooking because I've been so sick with allergies. So I've been getting what is easiest. Also, I have a professional organizer redoing my kitchen, so that was a good "excuse" not to cook.
  • Finayoung
    Options
    This is news to me and Im glad you brought that up. I think wheat is the way to go and I'll just stick to that. Shouldnt be hard right?!
  • GoldenPears
    Options
    I've pretty much done terribly this week. I have an insane sweet tooth and that really messes me up sometimes.
  • dcue103
    dcue103 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fina I tried to see your diary. Closed.
  • Finayoung
    Options
    Nope it's wide open since yesterday when I opened this page! Try looking again (=
  • Mousie59
    Mousie59 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi All:

Really trying to get back on track here. I'm pretty much good all week as long as I take the time to make my lunch for work. If I don't well, I've yet to find a fast food place near work that offers truly healthy food. Weekends are a tough time discipline wise for me.

I'd like to start walking daily to see if it helps the joint pain I'm having. I have to think its because I've been so lazy all winter.

Wishing everyone the very best this week. As harsh as they can be, Mondays always feel like a fresh start for me.:flowerforyou:
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Good morning! I hope this week has treated you all well. Seeing as this is the last day of the week I guess this will be a check in / out. Lol. I think I did pretty good this week. My official weigh-in day is Tuesday morning so I can use this weigh-in with y'all as a check for myself so I can adjust then next few days if necessary. T.O.M. is visiting so I was surprised to see I still lost 1lbs so far this week because I expected a gain. Weight was 269.2 down from 270.4 on Tuesday. Hopefully my cycle will have end by Tuesday and I'll see what my true results are. On the food front - things went well, stayed under goal all week without dropping below 1200. For me - I see anything between 1200 -1550 as great, as long as its not a lot of junk. I can't wait to see how everyone else is doing! Blessings!
  • Sheynaynays
    Options
    I only joined myfitnesspal yesterday but I have been eating healthier and exercising for 2 weeks now my starting weight was 250 today I weigh in at 242...WOOHOO 8LBS!!! Here is what I did

1) no carbs after 3pm
    2) no pop or juice strictly water and about 2-3 litres a day
    3) exercise at least 3x a week
    4) eating 3 meals and 3 small snacks a day
  • Kukenan
    Kukenan Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi all!
    Last week was pretty awful for me in the eating front. I went all out with snacks and fast food. I hope next week will be better, I'm hoping this new group will keep me more accountable!
  • Inkymycat
    Inkymycat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have u all tried tofu pasta or black bean pasta. I have some and haven't tried it yet. I gave up all fast food over 5 months ago and have not been back. Im not a vegan but have pretty much gone that way. I really dont miss the meat.
  • Finayoung
    Options
    This is fantastic! I love the idea of no carbs after 3
  • Finayoung
    Options
    Black bean pasta is AMAZING but gotta be careful with pasta in general.
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good ideas, thanks all. Michelle, from Chelle... thank you for being my nurse educator. :flowerforyou:
  • ultrafishboy
    ultrafishboy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I continue to struggle with too many carbs and not enough proteins. Goal is 100g protein.
    Looks like I'm needing more iron too.
    Still trying to figure out the proper calorie amount. Have recently been increasing calories and weight loss has stalled. Frustrating!
    Please help. Any advice/criticism welcome.