Day 73...and all that jazz

Options
ifaber
ifaber Posts: 195 Member
Yep, its day 73...more than a quarter of the way in! I am still in this thing for the long haul. I'm not stopping, not giving up, I am going full steam ahead! I have some circuit training, weights, and running on the agenda today. Nervous and excited about it all at the same time. But yeah, I'm rocking this challenge because just the thought of you guys being here is making me want it THAT MUCH MORE!

But I would like to ask, are there any reasons/things that are keeping you from your goals?

Replies

• AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Been busy at moms house. Lol the new puppy we named Daisy is such a pill! She's very smart and first thing she discovered before mom and I had to drive 3-4 hours to get my sis from college was how to get out of the fence. We ended up taking her with us. Surprisingly she was the calmest did we've ever had in a car lol. She slept the whole 9 hour round trip! We got home and chicken wired her escape rout lol. I've prob burned a billon calories just laughing at her antics! Tonight I,m going to bed. The one thing I seem to struggle with most is getting my butt actually up and moving. Once I get started I seem to do OK. Putting the laptop down and turning off my games or putting my books down are my biggest problem. If I get my butt moving right after breakfast I do better but its still a huge struggle for me. Tommorow is food shopping day. I think I will use my hrm just to see what buying a months worth of food at a time burns for me. I did get a new hair cut today. Best style st ever! It was like she took one look at you and knew what you needed and wanted. Funny is I never would have found her if they weren't doing the haircuts today to donate half to our animal shelter. Amazing how good a new style can make you feel about yourself! Well I'm off to bed. Sorry for the bad grammer and text wall. I'm terrible at using this silly tablet lol! Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine how much laughter Daisy is giving yall...especially since she has already learned the art of escaping...priceless! lol!

Yeah, getting up and moving is hard if you're out of the groove but once you get it going, its the best. And your body will feel so much better, tighter, and fitter the more you do it. That's what keeps me going honestly because I love FEELING really fit even if I don't look it.
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was doing really good with self control for the first 10-15 days, and then I had my rough week with eating and I haven't seemed to gotten out of that rut yet! I'm not eating horribly by any stretch of the imagination, but I find that I'm eating things just because I have the calories and I don't want to be doing that! I also haven't been doing the best with sweets. But like always, every day is a new day so I'm going to try to correct these bad habits today and tomorrow and the next day and the day after that... and so on (:

The good news is that I've been hitting the gym this week as often as I want! Woohoo!
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    The weather has been nice all week. Most of the snow was gone and I was feeling my motivation picking up. Woke up today and a TON of the snow is back and the temps are cold again Motivation out the window :( Supposed to be cold and snowing all week again sigh.
  • pattigorman
    pattigorman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great to finally have figured out how to see postings from my group! April 18th. All we received was rain so nice to see very small sprouts of plants and the lawn. Been seeing Nutritionist and Eating Disorder therapist. Nutritionist has really helped. Have worked with her 3 times now and have learned a lot. Most especially that I'm not doing as bad as I had thought even though not losing weight yet! Have learned to almost throw out the scale and enter all I eat, drink and exercise daily. Am on a streak of about 28 days!! Usually exercising 6x a week and try to move some the other day.

Hang in there! We are all in this "healthier, happier journey" together!