Training advice 2 races close together

Options
marlt
marlt Posts: 27 Member
Looking for some training advice. Last year was my first year of triathlons. I did two sprint races. I'm planning a few additional races this year and my first two races are only 2 weeks apart. I'm wondering what I should do for the two weeks in between the races? I usually taper for the week before my race and every fourth or fifth week is an acitve recovery week where I still do the same amount of workouts but just much shorter. My typical training schedule is below:
Sunday: Long run
Monday: Short swim
Tuesday: Brick - bike to run (or sometimes morning run, evening bike)
Wednesday: Long swim
Thursday: Short run
Friday: Off
Saturday: Long bike
Suggestions as to what I should do for the 2 weeks between the race? Any feed back is appreciated!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Give yourself sufficient time to recover from the first race, then do enough to keep your body loose, moving, and accustomed to the work. You won't make any real progress in those 2 weeks, so don't treat them as "training" weeks... just keep yourself in the groove.
  • WannabeSC
    WannabeSC Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Agree with Jackson. If they are just sprints you should be ready to get into pool 48 hours after, then add in light spin. Should be able to get in 4 good days then back to rest for the next one. Good time to work on transitions!
  • marlt
    marlt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. That will be my plan. Cheers!