Options
AsaThorsWoman
AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
4/6/2014- 1,253 kcal, 16 net carb
4/7/2014- 1,594 kcal, 6 net carb
4/8/2014- 2,140 kcal, 21 net carb
4/9/2014- so far 635 kcal, 4 net carb

Here's my stats!

Also looking for Keto/Paleo friends, feel free to add me!

If you can't see my diary let me know and I'll open it!

I have my profile "Friends Only" but diary should still be visible to the public.

Thanks!

PS I'm kind of new to this!

Replies

• MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Only you can tell if you're in ketosis. You can use urine test strips, prick your finger and test the blood, or rely on physiological internal feedback. Classic symptoms are: you're not hungry, feel great and have tons of energy. ;)
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I can't say if you're in ketosis since it takes varying amounts of time for each person depending on how quickly they use up their liver glycogen stores. I can say you're on the right track with carbs and congrats on doing a great job so far! Don't forget that your protein macro is also important. If you're really concerned about whether you're in ketosis you can order a free meter here:

https://www.choosefreestyle.com/

You want the Precision Xtra

I think the real question to ask yourself is "How do I feel?" because, really, if you're feeling great and seeing your body change and not hungry then I maintain that's the important thing, at least for me. I always try to remember that ketosis is *NOT* what I want, it's just a way to *GET* what I want.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and feel free to add me. :-)
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    A couple of other clues might be bad breath, like dead donkey bad, and really stinky pee.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    LOL dead donky bad?
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    I am just over 1000 kcal and feeling quite satisfied.

Not quite high energy though.

I'm going to make some fat bomb things tonight and I'm kind of saving carbs for those!
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I am just over 1000 kcal and feeling quite satisfied.

Not quite high energy though.

I'm going to make some fat bomb things tonight and I'm kind of saving carbs for those!
    If you've not been doing keto before, the energy 'high' can take a while. Some people find keto-adaptation takes much longer than simply entering ketosis...

Based on your intake for the past three days, your glycogen stores should be MOSTLY used up - but it really depends on your activity as well. I can't see anything for exercise in your diary.

If you're wanting to get into keto faster, add exercise - both aerobic to reduce liver glycogen and an all-over body strength-training workout to reduce muscle glycogen. That'll help get you there quicker.

Regarding the breath - FYI I never had it. Some do, some don't.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Thanks for commenting!

I ordered the blood test thingy, and tonight I'm going to take my body fat percentage (>.<) and enter it in the www.ruled.me keto calculator.

My bf says %25 but I think he's just being nice.

:blushing:
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    A couple of other clues might be bad breath, like dead donkey bad, and really stinky pee.

Hahaha! Yes to this! I worry about my stanky self! loll
  • thecharli
    Options
    If you're really concerned about whether you're in ketosis you can order a free meter here:

How does one use this to tell if they are in ketosis? Sorry I'm a newb.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    It'll have instructions inside, but basically you prick your finger and the machine will read your blood sugar and ketone levels.

If any ketones are present, you're in ketosis, I believe.

I've never used one, but I've wanted to for a long time, but never wanted to pay for it, so I jumped right on the chance for free one.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    If you're really concerned about whether you're in ketosis you can order a free meter here:

How does one use this to tell if they are in ketosis? Sorry I'm a newb.

You prick your finger with a lancing needle. Drop the blood on test strip and if the meter reads more than 0.5, you are in ketosis.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Make sure for the blood test you're using ketone strips not glucose strips. The ketone strips cost a lot more.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Well, I have lancets and those Keto strips here at my house.

Is it the same strips you can dip in pee you can use on blood?

If you my mind is blown!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    No, the urine ketostix won't work in the monitoring device or vice versa. You have to get the the ketone strips meant to go in the meter.
  • kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ^^^ THIS^^^
    My husband says I have Zombie breath.... :(
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    ^^^ THIS^^^
    My husband says I have Zombie breath.... :(

I don't have the zombie breath thank God, but I do have the distilled dinosaur sweat pee smell. I had to get some smelly things for the toilet because it gets a bit wiffy in there after I pee which is quite often when I'm hydrating properly!