Hello all,,,,,just joined

Options
suz155
suz155 Posts: 326 Member
I'm 58 y/o and just joined this group. I joined MFP, 3 years ago, but, never used it , until last year, I lost 35 lbs, in 6 months and then I was diagnosed with a heart problem. I was put on a medication, that slowed my already slow metabolism. I got depressed and felt sorry for myself and did the worse thing I could possibly do, stopped using MFP and ate and ate and I regained, every pound, plus 10. Today, I still have that heart problem, I'm still on the same medication,,, but, today, I look at it as a challenge.

Looking forward to getting healthier with all of you.

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I hope you have success.
  • arctvc
    arctvc Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome,

I'm Carla and I wish you the best of luck on the weight loss journey.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Good to hear from you and that you've got into the right mindset to start again.
    Life aint easy!
    Glad life is looking up.
    Take care.
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am with you.. its been a little over three years and now i gained it all back excpect 6 lbs.. hang in there and we can do this together. I am seeing this was a new life change.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Best of luck to you.

Lisa
  • slsmonroe
    Options
    Good morning all and Happy Easter (day after). Although I am not new to MFP (I really should be considered new because I haven't used it properly for any great length) I had a little internal monologue with myself this morning and decided to just make good choices in the moment and let them add up. Well I logged onto MFP and did the usual, but it felt lonely. So I looked you up and decided to join your group. I look forward to supporting one another in our journeys and goals, whatever they may be.
  • georgecarl7
    georgecarl7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We can ALL do this. It is all about making decisions, right or ... not so right. Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time, one bite at a time. Don't let the past (even yesterday) rob you of success today. Every time we do not eat something we shouldn't, every time we exercise, every time we make the 'right' decision we are being successful.
  • dsmith1358
    dsmith1358 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to mfp too. Actually I signed up a year or so ago but only used it sporadically. I have gained 35 lbs. over the last 7 years since menopause and have felt hopeless about weight loss. After reading some of the posts here about your weight loss I feel inspired. Thank you so much.
  • vicabra
    vicabra Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome! One day at a time.....we can all do this!!