Fictional inspirations

Options
rainbowfaye
rainbowfaye Posts: 68 Member
I keep seeing all these threads in my other groups about being inspired towards fitness by fictional people. I have to say that I am most inspired by my own fictional characters. I LARP, play Dungeons & Dragons, and a multitude of other rpgs. When I'm LARPing as a soldier (yay zombie LARP), I want to be able to drop and do 50 pushups. Or when I'm playing a jumpy monk in my D&D campaign, and I dragon kick someone in teeth, I'm like why can't I do that?

So, do any of your characters (in any type of rpg) inspire you?

Replies

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've only done one rpg. And my character was a prismatic dragon. Sooo......
  • rainbowfaye
    Options
    I've only done one rpg. And my character was a prismatic dragon. Sooo......

So it inspires you to learn how to fly? :tongue:
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I generally play as rangers, but it is inspriational because they are so intuned with the world around them and are so strong and agile. I want to be like that.
  • Grendel07
    Grendel07 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well, Lara Croft isn't an RPG but I totally find her to be badass and i want to be like her! haha
  • rainbowfaye
    Options
    Lara Croft is awesome. I want to be just like her, complete with the butler and mansion.
  • rainbowfaye
    Options
    When I was playing a ranger, I really wanted to learn how to shoot a bow. Luckily that stage passed before anyone lost an eye.
  • Grendel07
    Grendel07 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Lara Croft is awesome. I want to be just like her, complete with the butler and mansion.

hahah yes! i remember in the older games if you jumped over the butler; he would fart. hahah!
    But, lara has seriously been a hero of mine; even though she isn't real. She's just so badass!
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Lara Croft is my favorite video game character :3@Grendel07 you totally have the face to be Lara Croft, you're so lucky!!
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I have wanted to get in shape so that I can be as awesome as the me that exists in my own head.. I use to do a lot of text based RP online. I Loved it but I just can't find that same environment anymore and I am not confident enough to LARP properly, I feel like a fool. Also the people I have done one shots with or talked with about LARPing have not been particularly welcoming. Either way I have a hard time relaxing with a group of people enough to actually enjoy face to face RP. But yeah, the characters that I had for the text based RP were more just different parts of me personified as characters. I think that is one of the reasons that I didn't realize how big I had gotten because in my head I have always been like those characters. Later when I played WoW the image was provided so once again, not something that makes you realize how big you actually are.

Either way, I am pretty awesome already I just want to LOOK as awesome as I FEEL. (^_^) Also being able to cosplay or RP characters in person while actually physically looking more like them is a nice bonus motivation.