Desperately want this to work need encouragement

Options
joybedford
joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
Hi I have never starved myself anyway but for the past year I have been really struggling to lose ant weight in fact I have gained about 8lbs yoyoing constantly. I have commited to EM2WL have my calories set to 2150 calories, I have no issues reaching this goal I love food. My TDEE according to my fitbit is 2500. Prior to this I followed the paleo diet and didn't lose weight with that either although I felt slimmer. I have an active life walking a lot at work and walking the kids to school. I also lift weights 4 times a week for 30-40 minutes and run twice a week. I also dance for 2 hours once a week. Since increasing calories I have gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks not a great deal but I feel so bloated and quite frankly fat particularly in my abdominal region. Last week my exercise was not on track due to being so busy with work/kids and upcoming dance show and this week I am on holiday. I so want this to work please give me faith that this gets better I can't cope with gaining weight.

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    It definitely gets better with time. Once your body adapts and acclimates to the increased intake, that bloated, overfull feeling will go away. Also, take into account your recent change in exercise schedule and being on holiday - both of those could be contributing to that bloated feeling, as we often eat much differently when on vacation...
  • running4myboys
    running4myboys Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way right now. I started my increase 3 weeks ago and it doesn't seem right that the amount of food I'm eating is good for me. I'm trying to trust in the prcess and really hope my BMF is giving me correct information!
  • LauCo77
    LauCo77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm only 10 days into my reset... but I think that we need to trust the science and the process. Give it time. It sounds to me like you are doing all the right things Joy, so just give your body time to adjust.
    Laura
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support I need it. I will continue on these calories and see what happens. My holiday is over now travelling back today I havnt tracked at all eaten and drank what I have wanted. I feel bloated but it's been the break I needed. I also had a break from exercise. I am now committed to the process and a better version of me will be appearing watch this space.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hi Joy,
    Keep doing what youare doing! That bloating feeling will go away! Just give your body time to trust that you will consistently feed it! Can't wait to hear about your continued success!