Not favorites but still decent
    Sirens
    Doctor Who
    Teen Wolf

I still need to watch Game of Thrones
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    ...all the shows I would recommend have already been said...but I had to post so that I could check out some of these other shows...
  • RiverCameron
    RiverCameron Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but my favorite show right now is The Blacklist. It's not sci-fi at all, but the acting is superb. James Spader is just phenomenal.
  • ChristinaKitty
    ChristinaKitty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OH. I forgot Orange is the New Black.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Current Shows-some are on hiatus, but will be back:
    Monday
    Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow, Bones, Pretty Little Liars (this may come on Tuesdays, I watch it on DVR), Hostages

Tuesday
    NCIS, Originals, Agents of Shield, Supernatural

Wednesday
    Criminal Minds, CSI, Ghost Hunters, American Horror Stories

Thursday
    Vampire Diaries, Scandal, Elementary, Big Bang Theory

Friday
    Grimm, Dracula

Saturday
    Ghost Adventures

Sunday
    Mentalist, Once Upon a Time, Believe, Resurrection

Favorites Cancelled shows:

The X-Files
    Psych
    Dresden Files
    Jerico
    Prison Break
    Park Avenue 666 (I didn't watch the cliffhanger ending)
    Leverage
    Monk
    The Tudors
    Merlin
    Being Human (UK and US version)
    Pushing up Daisies
    Dead Like Me
    Be Witched
    I dream of genie
    Monkeys
    You can't do that on Television
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Elementary - cbs

NO!!!! Try Sherlock! :) much better.

Elementary is much better.
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Elementary>Sherlock, it is known.

and, aw, Pirate_Chick, why'd you have to remind me of Pushing Daisies? I loved that show.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Anyone mention Better off Ted or Eureka? I think those are both on Netflix and they were great. ... well, Eureka was great for a couple seasons...
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but my favorite show right now is The Blacklist. It's not sci-fi at all, but the acting is superb. James Spader is just phenomenal.

Blacklist is on my list to watch at some point looks very good..

Think most people covered other TV shows watch but non sci-fi NCIS and Criminal Minds.

Russell
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The Blacklist is fun when it's on its game...sometimes it gets a little draggy for my taste though.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Tuesday
    NCIS, Originals, Agents of Shield, Supernatural

i want to see agents of shield. i always forget about it on tuesdays....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Blacklist is on my list to watch at some point looks very good..

Think most people covered other TV shows watch but non sci-fi NCIS and Criminal Minds.

Russell

Love the Blacklist!

I started Continuum. So far so good. Catching up on Orphan Black is next (I've seen the first episode so far).

Is Elementary on netflix or amazon prime?
  • Bri_Undead90
    Options
    Supernatural, Arrow, Bates motel, American horror story, True blood, The walking dead, and Games of throne. :)
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Agents of Shield (it's gotten really good!), Arrow, Game of Thrones, Elementary and Sherlock (and yes, I prefer Elementary at this point), Doctor Who, Vikings, Grimm

In the maybe not so Geek Squad arena: Archer (earlier seasons were better), Justified, Mad Men, Nurse Jackie, Community, Graham Norton, the Mindy Project. Someone mentioned Better Off Ted, that was pretty great.

Love period stuff like Downton Abbey. I liked the quirkier Bryan Fuller shows--Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, Pushing Daisies. My tolerance for dark entertainment has withered over time. Took me a long time to get around to True Detectives but I was really impressed once I did. No way I could deal with Hannibal though. Too bad, as I like most of the actors. Never could watch Dexter either. Liked Copper a lot, need to revisit Ripper Street although the first few episodes were rough that way. Deadwood was violent as hell but really compelling. Loved Luther but stopped watching the most recent season. Loved Broadchurch, looking forward to the reboot.

Discovered Buffy very late in the game and watched all of it on Netflix in something like 2 months.

Now that I have a stationary bike in the same room as the TV, I can clean off the DVR and burn calories at the same time :) and sometimes I actually do!
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Really loving Arrow at the moment, had some weak moments but they've really ramped it up going towards the Season 2 finale. Obviously Game of Thrones is high up there and American Dad never fails to get a laugh out of me :)
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    BBC America. Any one. OK, not Almost Royal.

Current fav is Ripper Street
    Most constant favorite is Doctor Who right back to black and white.
    Defiance. Good sci fi starts with good social fiction
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Breaking Bad, Big Bang Theory, Louie, Monk, Glee, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and many more!!!

Sorry I don't have Netflix, so I don't know if these are on there!
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    First, I have to say I LOVE Sherlock. I haven't seen Elementary, and I will give it a shot, but there's no way (in my mind) it could outdo Benedict. ;) On the BBCA note, DOCTOR WHO, Orphan Black, Graham Norton for lolz. They're also currently doing a miniseries on the history of sci-fi.

Next, I'm a huge star-geek: Star Trek (TNG, especially), Stargate SG:1 and Stargate Atlantis (Universe was sadly cut entirely too short to merit watching again), Star Wars: Clone Wars, and Battlestar Galactica (new). The Stargates are available on Amazon Prime. Also, Farscape! And Babylon 5, and Firefly...

Following that, the AMCs: Breaking Bad, Walking Dead. Used to love Mad Men and gave it up a couple of seasons ago.

And of course, the HBOs: Game of Thrones (better if you read the books!), True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, the new Silicon Valley for those of us who are coders/startup-ers, Rome.

Old skool: Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks, X-Files.

Other: Downton Abbey! Big Bang Theory, Dexter *except the last season, ugh*. Weeds on Showtime. Watched Defiance for a little while and got really bored, sorry ukaryote...

I'm sorry to say I haven't seen Supernatural, but everyone who I know that's watched it thinks I should... so...
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    DoctorMcCoy10 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Elementary>Sherlock, it is known.

and, aw, Pirate_Chick, why'd you have to remind me of Pushing Daisies? I loved that show.

I didn't think anyone liked Elementary more than Sherlock. I love some Jonny Lee Miller but really there is just no contest between the two. Benedict is God in our house. I love that man!
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Arrested Development. The beauty of this show is that, if all other shows disappeared, you could watch it 100 times, and each time find new jokes and subtle nuances that went over your head (intentionally) the first time around. Brilliant. Watch it 110 times. Really.

Better Off Ted
    Pushing Daisies
    Dr. Who
    Spaced!
    The Killing
    Battlestar Galactica
    Archer
    Sherlock
    A League of Gentlemen
    Firefly
    Six Feet Under
    Carnivale