Thank you for this group :)

Options
jennie5693
jennie5693 Posts: 42 Member
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this group and to those of you that continue to respond to questions!

I started this weight loss journey at the end of December. I followed the MFP guidelines at 1200 calories and spent months feeling tired, crabby, cold and hungry. I lost about 8 pounds in 3 months. Given that I am 35, 217lb and 5'4, I knew it was not the right idea of how to lose weight.

I finally found this group about a month ago and started to slowly up my calories. I saw a weight gain for a while and was close to giving up and going back down to 1200... until I did the math and realized that what everyone on here had said was true. The math of the increased calories I ate, did not add up to amount of pounds I had gained. So I held fast and BOOM!... today I am down 1.4 pounds from where I was on Monday.

I am not an "A" student yet with my food choices. I still enjoy some treats and processed food. However, I have come a long way and feel the difference clean eating makes with my overall mental and physical well being.

I would love some more motivational friends if anyone is interested. Reading people's stories and day-to-day encounters really helps me stay focused on my goal and feel supported when I am tempted to binge.

Thanks again!

Jen

Replies

• skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Tagging, would also love to hear some stories on results!!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Well, since I am already a friend, you can't add me, but I would love to say CONGRATULATIONS and great job sticking it out! That beginning part can be so hard... Awesome stuff!!
  • jennie5693
    Options
    skinny4me2be,

This article was my start to increasing calories. It could have been written about me :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • jennie5693
    Options
    Well, since I am already a friend, you can't add me, but I would love to say CONGRATULATIONS and great job sticking it out! That beginning part can be so hard... Awesome stuff!!

Thank you so much. I have been smiling all day!
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great read! Thanks for posting it.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    @jennie5693, the binge eating on the weekend is me. I am slowly getting control of that. I'll PM ya! :-)
  • sarahorange55
    Options
    Jennie5693 - wow fab article - yes "opened eyes" on that one - thanks for the link! I have been upping and finding it hard to cope with the larger size I am getting - but will stick with it!