Week1 Day 4

Options
Thursday April 17, 2014

25 Push ups
30 Squats
30 Jumping jacks
20 second plank

Do all four exercises 3X (you can do it back to back or throughout the day).

*If its too much for you to do, do what you can also if you want you can spread it out throughout the day.
*if its too easy for you than add more sets.
BE SURE TO POST ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE FOR THE DAY.

Replies

• 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Joan,

Don't you think we should do the same amount a few days in a row to get use to it then move up. I'm worried people will get discouraged if they can't complete them day after day?

I watched the video's you had on the plank and it said for an advanced person 20 second was good.

Just asking that's all.
  • Tiabean86
    Tiabean86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I kinda have to agree. I'm already struggling to work up to the current challenges. Give me a week or so of doing this straight and then I could slowly add in a few reps. I know I can't be the only very large, out of shape person on here that is busting their a*s to keep up with the group because we really want to do this. I don't want to give up but if I just keep falling more and more behind I may feel as though this is the *wrong* group for me even though I love it!
  • soonergal76
    Options
    The pushups, jumping jacks and squats... while yeah, it's a workout and challenging, I can do it. Am having trouble with the plank though.
  • Jillong
    Jillong Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thursday April 17, 2014

*If its too much for you to do, do what you can

Come on guys, read the message properly.

I cannot do anything at all this week because of other things going on but when I can start the exercise, I will do as Joan says. Do as much as you comfortably can and build it up gradually. You are in charge of this. Joan is just guiding and recording what we say we have done. :flowerforyou:
  • jojosboys
    jojosboys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im stoked we got new group leaders!!! :))
  • vonham
    vonham Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No push ups
    And the squats I done them 30 x2 as I done a 10 min squat on my vibration plate
    I'm starting to like planks I'm amazed I've been able to do 20 seconds as I went to a class a few years ago and I couldn't lift my weight at all.
    Jumping jacks I couldn't do 2 year ago and now love them I could do them all day.
    I'm only at 6000 steps but I will be able to complete that too no problem by the end of the day.
    I'm loving this challenge I won't be doing push-ups for another few weeks but I will at some point :-)
  • akkeat
    akkeat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    These seemed 'simple' at first, but I am seriously challenged and I LOVE it! I haven't been able to keep up all the way, but I am trying and I am getting stronger doing it! Whoop! Also I love that they are exercises you can split up through the day and do without any special equipment!
  • wampahoofus
    wampahoofus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Done! The push-ups are getting easier, at least the first 15.
  • DEPick
    DEPick Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mission Complete! Still digging it
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    DONE!! Come on guys! Commit, commit, commit!!
  • KoiKitten101
    KoiKitten101 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is getting easier. I did some exercises yesterday even though it was rest day. :) I still can't do a push-up and I won't try yet. But I will keep doing modified push-ups and making it harder for myself till I can do a real push up
  • jojosboys
    jojosboys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Complete! !! I do modified pushups too and they still work great!
  • mickchap33
    Options
    Done for today...getting easier but definately kicked my butt...Grateful....
  • kschick46
    kschick46 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Planks are kicking my butt....but I got them all done!! WOOHOO!!!
  • sbf2014
    sbf2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    3x 30 jumping jacks
    2x 20 squats
    3x 25 sit ups

Not exactly the challenge for today but did what I could.
  • bunnyboo7
    bunnyboo7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    all done these little challenges are a nice add to my routine hope everyone had a great day :) keep up the great work
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    done....

Some rowing before and crosstrainer after...feels good
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you aren't pushing yourself too hard, sbfrye. A wrist and elbow injury definitely need a little extra TLC. Let us know about the possible surgery. I can suggest a few moderations for you to alleviate having to use the injured arm. Remember, take care of your body and your body will take care of you. :)
  • Claremoak
    Claremoak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    2x 20 modified push up
    2x10 jumping jacks
    2x20 sec plank
    2x20 squats.
    can't keep up, but definitely feel stronger. I will just do what i can do

6230 steps, 8 flights of stairs
  • artzy1989
    artzy1989 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Done!

Forgot about the posting bit for the last two... but I do do 30 day shred and level 2? I live in plank. UGH.

Anyway, thanks to the new mods!!