"Diet Day"....

Options
JRadd14
JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
or whatever you might call it.
How do you allocate your calories? Do you have 1 meal and a snack? 2 meals and a snack? 3+ mini meals/snacks?

I'm on my second week of the Every Other Day Diet... (Varady's book really appealed to me). She recommends ideally, based on her research, having your meal for "lunch" and an afternoon snack later, but she's also said to do whatever works for you.

I've had a meal and a snack, I've had 2-3 mini meals, today I'm going to try having 4-5 snacks spaced out and see what I prefer or what works best for me... Currently I'm targeting 500 calories total.

I'm curious to hear what others do/prefer to optimize "Diet Day" and stay within the alloted calories.

Replies

• kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I think Varady's remark hit spot on. You gotta do what works for you. I know some that eat first thing (to revive the metabolism) others wait till evening (sipping fluids all day). I personally tried NOT to eat until I HAD too.
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Today I'm trying 3 small meals and a snack. I'd been doing two meals but found myself hungry at night.

Also, I do 16/8 on my fast day so I don't start eating until late afternoon and I eat all within an 8 hour period. I strongly feel I'd be unsuccessful if I started eating earlier. I too don't eat until I must
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I start my day with black coffee. Then switch to water and sometimes green tea until at least 3pm. Sometimes I eat a small snack around 3 or 4, (I aim for no more than ~ 50 calories), then I have dinner about 7pm. Eating a regular lunch always seems to make me blow my diet day.
  • jenhartzog77
    Options
    I've laid off carbs and focused more on protein and this helps. Plus not eating because your bored but actually physically hungry.lol
  • JRadd14
    Options
    Yes, I'm finding once I start eating and getting the digestive juices flowing then it's harder to not eat. Today I'm trying to go as long as I can before having food and see what happens. I think it will be more manageable. And I agree - I've been upping my protein... greek yogurt, protein bars/shakes, chicken breast, eggs, etc. Definately helps. And I love flavored seltzer/sparkling water... I try to find one that has natural flavors.

The EOD Diet book recommends chewing gum but I find my body just "gets mad" when I do that... like it thinkgs I'm eating or going to eat and then I don't eat anything. I'm generally hungrier after I chew gum, so I've been laying off that too.

I've also started incorporating PGX when I do eat hoping it will make me feel full longer and keep blood sugar in check. I haven't been logging calories for it, but we will see how it goes...
  • jenhartzog77
    Options
    That's great:) You will have to keep me informed:)
  • JRadd14
    Options
    Last Diet Day I didn't "eat" until 3pm. Only had a 4 1/2 hour window to eat and I saw my biggest loss on the scale the next day. And I didn't "go crazy" on my Feast Day yesterday. Clearly waiting as long as possible before having a meal helps greatly!
  • jenhartzog77
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! I wonder if that eating Window really helps? I'm losing soooooo slow.lol but I'm doing a different kind of judddd than most. Well congratulations!!:)
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    i try to save mine for the evening, sometimes if I can't handle it I will use 100 during the day, usually if that happens I will have a miss swiss diet hot chocolate 25cal or a rockstar zero carb zero sugar will get me through it lol