Hi!

Options
DaniW130
DaniW130 Posts: 18 Member
Hey all! My name is Danielle, I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm 26 years old and married for 1 year. Last year I got down to 137 pounds for my beach wedding and put it all back on plus more. :( Have recently ballooned up to my highest weight ever - 155 lbs. and realised none of my clothes fit anymore so it's time to make a change! I distribute my weight pretty evenly which is a good thing, have lost 6 pounds so far. I usually am naturally about 142 pounds, but would really love to be 125-130 pounds, as tough as it will be to get there! My measurements are:

Bust: 35"
Waist: 29"
Hips: 39"

Feel free to share your story and stats! Maybe we can all have some friendly competition :)

Replies

• whydoesitmatter2
    whydoesitmatter2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!
    My name is Michelle, and I am also on the shorter side :)) my goal is to be 130.. altho maybe I should be smaller but first things first!!
    I am 36, have have been married for almost 17 years, and have 7 children. My littlest one is 14 months so it is now time to get this weight off. I have lost 9 pounds so far and have 31 more to go. Im not in any hurry to get the weight off. I don't have like a special date or goal, I just want to be healthy and happy :) ( and smaller)

I am doing Walk away the Pounds 4 x a week (3 miles) and am looking into starting Turbo Jam.
  • bombshellcertification
    Options
    Hi Im 5'1.5 (got to count the .5!) bust 38 (but back only 32!) waist fluctuates 28/30 hips 38/39 I am very curvy with newly developing belly as I enter the golden age of 45, harmones going wacky, mid life crisis metabolism slow down...trying to adjust & accept aging process but thank God still have energy, and youthful heart. Very inspired by all the courageous, determined people here, need a spark to get me through this plateau, as I learn my body's new needs for overall balance, harmony and well being.

I notice, that even though I have been at a steady 10-15 lbs over it is distributing wider & fuller & rounder...learning to accept & change my lifestyle to be healthier...

look forward to reading posts here,,,my goal is to tone up somewhere near 120-123..Thank you for starting this thread. I am also new to this site.
  • rissatheninja
    rissatheninja Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Marissa. I'm not short, I'm vertically challenged (haha) at 5'3 1/2". My starting weight was 209 (icky!), and my goal weight is 123, but really I just want to be under 130. At my last weigh in I was at 177.

I'm still holding onto a lot of weight I gained when I was pregnant... she's six now, so I think it's time to get rid of it.

It's nice to meet all of you, and thank you for starting this group! :)
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 5'1.5 (got to count the .5!) bust 38 (but back only 32!) waist fluctuates 28/30 hips 38/39 I am very curvy with newly developing belly as I enter the golden age of 45, harmones going wacky, mid life crisis metabolism slow down...trying to adjust & accept aging process but thank God still have energy, and youthful heart. Very inspired by all the courageous, determined people here, need a spark to get me through this plateau, as I learn my body's new needs for overall balance, harmony and well being.

I notice, that even though I have been at a steady 10-15 lbs over it is distributing wider & fuller & rounder...learning to accept & change my lifestyle to be healthier...

look forward to reading posts here,,,my goal is to tone up somewhere near 120-123..Thank you for starting this thread. I am also new to this site.

bombshellcert, we are almost exactly the same size..

I'm 5' 1 1/2" 150lbs, bust 38, waist 28, hips 39

trying to get to 120lbs and i am 37 yrs old.

I want to tone up as well, I do not want to be a sift 120 but a firm 120

I run about 4 miles 3x per week and strength train the other
  • anneboleynr
    anneboleynr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 5'4, 138.8lbs as of today and would like to get down to between 125 and 130.

Bust: 38
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 38

I've been at my job for almost a year and it's more sedentary than any other job I've had. :/ I do yoga twice a week and have personal training (cardio and strength) once a week. I'm planning on increasing my activity level with more vinyasa flow yoga and walking/taking stairs when possible. There's a family history of diabetes and cardiovascular problems, so I'm just trying to stay healthy to avoid that, and being toned doesn't hurt either. :) I am unfortunately overly fond of french fries and sometimes chocolate baked goods so while I am not going to deprive myself, I do want to keep it balanced.
  • angiemotto
    angiemotto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2 and started my weight loss journey at 188 and I'm down to 138 as of yesterday. My goal is to be around 125 but i think I'll be amazed to see 130. As I have gotten closer to my goal it's become harder and my weight loss days are getting further apart and that can be frustrating. I've started strength training and I wish I would have known to do it all along. I Want to be toned up by the time I get to my goal. I wish everyone the best, it sure seems a lot harder to lose weight when you're short!
  • vallet7806
    Options
    hi angie! My name is sky...I'm starting my fitness pal tomorrow...im 5'2 and i can't believe you went from 188 to 138! Good for you!!!
    Anyways can you tell me how you did it and what your daily calorie intake is? What do you eat? Interested to know...

SKy
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone...

first of all, I will say that I hesitated before joining... while I am 5'1" (ish :grumble: ), and my ultimate goal is around 130 (maybe more, depends on how I feel once I get there)... well, looking over everyone's stats and such, I can see I have a much, much farther way to go than any of you. As in, practically a whole person farther. :sad:

But... I guess we could all use as much support as we can get... so, here I am, as long as I don't freak you out too much LOL So I guess once y'all 'graduate' I'll be here catching up. :happy:
  • Cby60
    Cby60 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'4" and 155lbs first thing in the morning. My goal is 130. I'm probably much older than most of you - 54. If I get down to 130lbs this grandma has threatened to wear a bikini - just once! I was never allowed to wear one when I was a teen and I still need to rebel! I have 4 married sons, 5 grand kids with two more on the way. I also have four non biological children that we are raising and they have been a great support ! Although my 15 year old does think its "gross" when I threaten the bikini! He's comes with me inline skating and tonight got me started on weight lifting.
  • daneiel
    daneiel Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I currently workout seven days a week doing T-25, I like to get down to 135 and tone

Ht 5'2
    SW 163
    CW 153
    GW 135

Bust 36
    Waist 33
    Hip 40
  • bombshellcertification
    Options
    CBy60---I love that you threaten with bikini! Sexy & 60!!! Why not?! And now, there are those cute skirted ones!

I also was never encouraged to wear bikini ( I developed early, fast & furiously!) but to be modest in a one piece (which was still daunting with crazy full curves) -and honestly good suggestion for my younger days! But now, I think wow, that was a good bikini body for sure, not so much in last 10 years! Heck I would love to rock a sundress or pair of running shorts!

I think lengthening muscles is key for us shorties, stretching, pilates and bar method may help us elongate,

Does anyone else have short muscles( especially legs) that seem to blow up from cardio or cycleing? I know when I did mad amounts of yoga and running at one point I really leaned out and looked like I got taller, posture, posture and posture!! :)
  • m3bfs
    m3bfs Posts: 7
    Options
    Im Teejay from Barnsley Sth Yorkshire. Am currently 12st 12 lbs which i think is 180lbs and am 5ft 3 ins. Have lost 45.5lbs over 2.5 yrs. But have only lost 5lbs since Christmas. Health issues interfere with both weight loss n exercising. So seem to be on the scenic mountaineous route to the end result. Think i might be the oldest here 57 in June. Looking forward to getting to know you all better on this journey x
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    Hi, I am Joyce from Ontario, Canada. Now I am probably the oldest if you don't mind an old lady joining. I will be 68 in four days and have been battling weight ever since I got married. I was 5 ft and 93 lbs way back then. My doctor would like to see me get to 130 - 135 although I would like 125 lbs. Right now I'm down to 195 but just a couple of weeks ago I was at 200 lb. I want to get healthier so I can enjoy my granddaughters. I am still working full time in an office but HOPING to retire some time next year. The hardest part for me is not the eating but the exercising and drinking water.
    I'd like to wish everyone a very happy Easter!!
  • mariosdog
    mariosdog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, I'm Patti from NJ. I am 5'2"-ish... and turned 45 this year. I am currently 155 and would love to get down to 125-135. I have been fighting with the same 20 pounds since I turned 40 and I am committed to finally kicking its butt :mad:

Good luck to us all
  • DaniW130
    Options
    Hey everyone, thanks for joining the group!! Sounds like we have a lot of interesting people and age or starting weight doesn't matter! We all want to be around the same weight and be healthier in general. Good luck to everyone and let's start posting some other threads within this group as to questions and tips to share.
  • iifym_girl
    iifym_girl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey group! My name is Heley and I'm from San Jose, CA.I'm 25 yrs old and 5'4 and as of this morning I was 135 lbs. I train about 5-6x a week mostly heavy weights and am starting to incorporate some cardio a 2-3x a week (HIIT) to increase the fat loss. I started lifting heavy over a year ago and I love it. Adds more shape and curves to my body while slimming down. I think the heaviest I've been was 140 lbs a couple of years ago and was starting to see it in my face too and I knew it was time for a change and I didn't want to keep hiding behind loose shirts. I've had my ups and downs trying different "diets" and workouts. The lightest I've been (in my 20s) was around 125 lbs which was about a year ago, but I got there by following a very strict diet and wasn't very happy eating the same thing everyday. I literally got sick off egg whites and protein shakes. So after that "diet" I regained the weight.

Now, I use the "if it fits your macros" method and I count my calories. I just make sure to get all my micro nutrients for the day and hit my macros and stay below my set daily caloric goal. This means, I can still eat chocolate, pancakes, and ice cream and still lose weight. (Maybe not all of those at the same time/day.. in moderation and making sure it fits into my goals). You can google "IIFYM" and you can learn all about it, if you're interested. They even have calculators on some sites which can help you get your macros that fit your body and lifestyle.

I'm in the process of losing those lost 5-10 lbs. I feel like even at 130lbs, I will be happy, since muscle does weigh more than fat.

Good luck everyone! :)
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 29 and I live in Toronto, Ontario. I'm about 5'4, and I was 142 lbs at my heaviest. My goal weight is between 120 and 125 lbs.

I've started to track all my calories very carefully since the beginning of April, and I'm also running 3 times a week with my 5K-to-10K running clinic. I go to dance class occasionally, and I also do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred 2-3 times a week.

Nice to meet you all! :)
  • sacm88
    sacm88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good Day everyone. Im a 5'1"ish 25 yr old and been on my weight loss journey for over 2 months now.
    My SW was 148
    CW - 131
    GW - 120

I found that the closer I get to my goal weight, the harder it is to lose. Currently eating with a 500 cal deficit and doing T25 but looks like the last few pounds dont want to budge!!!
  • DaniW130
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 29 and I live in Toronto, Ontario. I'm about 5'4, and I was 142 lbs at my heaviest. My goal weight is between 120 and 125 lbs.

I've started to track all my calories very carefully since the beginning of April, and I'm also running 3 times a week with my 5K-to-10K running clinic. I go to dance class occasionally, and I also do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred 2-3 times a week.

Nice to meet you all! :)

Jilloan Michaels 30 day shred is thw DEVIL. It works sooo good but it hurts so bad lol
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I think I am the heaviest in this group. I'm 5'4" and at my heaviest, I was 225. I started MFP at 211 and I am now 200. My goal is 130.