Looking for deviled egg recipes

Options
msnucerity
msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
Hi All,

So I've never really cared for deviled eggs and I've recently figured out why- my mom has always over-cooked them so they get that awful green ring and the yolks are left chalky. So while cruising the net I came across this gem: http://altonbrown.com/baked-eggs/

I'm now inspired to try hard-boiled eggs again but will bake them instead; however I don't have any tried and true recipes.

So my question to the LCHF group is what is your fave deviled egg recipe?

Let's all share and enjoy the perfect protein that is the egg :)

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    yolks, Duke's mayo, mustard (yellow, wasabi, horseradish, course grain, your choice), diced pickles (sugar free bread and butter), bacon bits. Sometimes a shake of Mrs. Dash Original. Add a little pickle juice if mix is too dry.

Mix. Fill. Eat.

Edited to fix spelling.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a purist when it comes to deviled eggs, so this is a traditional recipe.

1 dozen eggs
    12 tbsp mayo (use 1 tbsp mayo for every egg); note, 12 tbsp = 3/4 cup; or weigh the mayo
    1 tbsp mustard
    1 tsp white vinegar
    1/2 packet sweetener (about 1 tsp worth)
    Salt to taste (maybe 1/4 tsp)
    Paprika (optional)

I mash the yolks, the use a mixer to mix in the other ingredients until smooth. I use a pastry bag to pipe the egg mixture back into the egg white shells. Finally, lightly sprinkle with paprika.

A note on eggs. Fresher eggs stick more when you try to get the eggs out of shells. In the summer (when I make these a lot), I try to keep older eggs (2 weeks or so) just for use in deviled eggs.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options

I use a pastry bag to pipe the egg mixture back into the egg white shells.

haha, i am way too lazy for any piping nonsense. I slap it in there with a spoon. :)