Fitness Frenzy!

Let's get physically fit!

Utilize this thread to share all things fitness.

What are you doing for your workouts? Are you into cardio? Free weights? Zumba? What really helps you lose?

New to fitness? Feel free to post any questions or concerns!

Replies

• H2Odaughter
    H2Odaughter Posts: 44 Member
    I go to a Crossfit box 3-4 times a week. I scale, scale, scale, but I am getting stronger and more fit, as I count calories in -calories out!
  • I am going to start out by walking up and down the stairs in my dorm for 10 minutes every day. I am going to try and do this every day. I think this will qualify as just general aerobic so it should burn somewhere between 100-150 calories a day.
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Really enjoy pool work - especially treading water. Did 30 mins yesterday. Also trying to do one mile of laps in a month. Competition at my gym! Do cardio 3 days a week at the gym. Have a session with a personal trainer on Tuesday - if we like him we will be signing up for 12 group training sessions. (we is my husband and me)
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    My latest obsession is roller blading. Unfortunately the weather since I bought them allowed me only 5 sessions with them (over 6 weeks period), but now that it's supposed to get warmer and drier I think I will be doing those twice a week. My heart rate monitor says I burn off approx 500-600 cal for an hour.. so... I might figure out 'cheating' days might be an option. But only if I do get to do my new workout regime.

And my new workout regime for now includes:
    1. Mornings 10 min hula hoop + 10 min something else - weights and abs, or my knee strengthening workouts.
    2. Evenings Body Revolution video of the day + Rollerblading OR T25 video OR Fitness Blender workout (want to push my real intense evening workouts to at least an hour)
    3. Weekends Body revolution is a must + Biking OR Rollerblading OR T25 video OR Fitness Blender workout
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    OK My plan:

-go for 30 mins walk at 3.5 or 4mph
    -do 15 mins calisthenics

OR
    -30 mins wii Zumba
    -do 15 mins calistenics

OR
    -do a JM workout video- whatever I have time for- 20mins or 40mins

I hope with the nicer weather I will be more motivated!
  • About to go and workout as we speak. This is the start of my journey.
  • lizp114
    lizp114 Posts: 202 Member
    well I try to go to the gym at least 3 to 4 times a week also I try to work out at home I have a kettlebell dumbbells and a bunch of DVDs a few of my favorites are taebo Express which has 8 10 minute workouts on it and I also have turbo fire which is a hit program which means high intensity interval program. sometimes I also take a few different movies that I like from different workouts and just do them while I watch TV
  • heavenlyb14
    heavenlyb14 Posts: 303 Member
    I want to walk every day and dust off the zumba dvd.
  • My latest obsession is roller blading. Unfortunately the weather since I bought them allowed me only 5 sessions with them (over 6 weeks period), but now that it's supposed to get warmer and drier I think I will be doing those twice a week. My heart rate monitor says I burn off approx 500-600 cal for an hour.. so... I might figure out 'cheating' days might be an option. But only if I do get to do my new workout regime.

And my new workout regime for now includes:
    1. Mornings 10 min hula hoop + 10 min something else - weights and abs, or my knee strengthening workouts.
    2. Evenings Body Revolution video of the day + Rollerblading OR T25 video OR Fitness Blender workout (want to push my real intense evening workouts to at least an hour)
    3. Weekends Body revolution is a must + Biking OR Rollerblading OR T25 video OR Fitness Blender workout

LOVE this!! Best workout ever... way to get creative!
  • missy_girl001
    missy_girl001 Posts: 53 Member
    My workout routine lately has consisted of:

3 days of deep water aquafit. I am by far the youngest in the pool, but I love the workout! It's easy on my bad knees and ribs and you stay cool and refreshed throughout.

2-3 days at the gym with at least 30-45 mins of medium intensity cardio (usually interval training style, because anyone can do just about anything when it's broken down to 2-4 mins at a time!) and another 30-ish minutes of weight training.

1-2 recovery days, but I'll usually try to go for a walk or I start to feel guilty about taking a recovery day.

I also like to throw in random planks, crunches, bridges, etc. while watching TV.

I'm always open to new ideas though, so if anyone does something fun/different let me know.