I just started. Day 1

Options
nikki2572
nikki2572 Posts: 11 Member
I just started Venus - My calorie goal is 1000 Calories and 1600 Calories on my Eat up days. I have been trying to find the right diet program for a while with no success. This one really seems to fit my personality and eating style the best. I am looking forward to the process.

I have not had a chance to go Shopping or plan out my meals yet. Right now I am focusing on stay at 1000 calories daily. Hoping to work in better choices as the week goes on. Today I am about 50% through my Calories - I am hungry (probably more mentally than physically) and I am going to fall short on my Protein for the day.

Replies

• jaidenphyr
    Options
    Welcome!!

I find less hunger with more protein. So if you are going to go lower on something don't make it protein.
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome :smile:

I agree always pick a protein

I also eat a hot and warm soup for most of my lunches on my 1000 cal days - fills me up -

Also once you get your head around the program we can discuss the intermitant fasting that you can also do

Thanks
    Danielle
  • nikki2572
    nikki2572 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. I came up short yesterday on protein, and I am sure I will again today. Normally I like to plan EVERYTHING. So I am trying things a little differently. I am picking foods (based on what I already have in the pantry) and eating throughout the day until I get to my limit then quitting. Yesterday I did pretty good had a few calories left over (I was not trying to do this). I am going to stick with this for the week. I am hoping it will help me to see where I am having problems and then I will plan my meals for the following week. It has taking some of the stress away. I am an emotional eater. I eat when I am stressed out or trying to avoid something.
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Eggs are your friend - Egg whites are great source of protein
    Cottage Cheese - although watch the sodium :)

I eat emotionally at times so I know how you feel :) Just want to get back to pre-kids shape here

Thanks
    Danielle
  • jaidenphyr
    Options
    Interesting - emotionally eating - I was thinking about this today. I made a sinful dessert (chocolate lasagna) for Easter. There are a few pieces left in the fridge. Monday, I was given the news that my assistant - my friend - died unexpectedly. I was devastated. I had already planned earlier that morning to have a smidge of the lasagna for dessert at lunch. When I came home I ate my lunch and though no longer hungry I still went for the lasagna for the comfort. I noticed the lack of comfort I received from it. In fact, I'm going to say it didn't taste as good as on Easter when I ate it. This is HUGE for me!! Today, though still grieving I am not even tempted a little to eat that lasagna...
  • brandtsgirl
    brandtsgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good advice Jaiden, go high on protein!