intro

Options
lizp114
lizp114 Posts: 202 Member
hi my name is Liz I'm 32 years old and I'm the mother of four children. my overall goal is to lose 60 to 80 pounds. my main reason for wanting to lose weight is to be healthy and able to enjoy activities with my children and be here for my children as long as possible. I'm not gonna lie I also want to feel better about myself and also like the way I look in my clothing. I am open to be friending anyone who is positive and supportive we can be each others support system so feel free to add me. also I am in the Philadelphia area if anybody else is in the area as well

Replies

• jhascek
    jhascek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm Jackie, I too want to lose about 60 lbs. I'm tired of being the fat mama. I want to be a healthy mama.
  • jo_tolose
    jo_tolose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi,
    i want to lose 30lb and i know it would make me healthier person and more confidant.
  • lazzymomma
    lazzymomma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    I need to lose about 60 pounds by about the first of the year. I'm going on a cruise with my husband and would like to not only be healthy but look good too.
  • Lezliew26
    Options
    Hi! Mom of 3 lil ones and want to get healthy for them...and myself of course! Already lost 17 pounds of my 20 pound goal and thinking about 10 more. I still have quite a bit of belly fat!
  • AVAsMoMmy705
    Options
    Hello I'm looking to lose 50 lbs. I want to because I will be more healthy, confident, and happy. I' m over not having much self esteem and being hard on myself, so it's time to make some changes. When u look good, u feel good!
  • 1reneeski
    1reneeski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I want to lose about 35-40 lbs. My short term goal is to lose enough weight to feel better, my long term goal is to get off medications I am on due to the weight gain. I can never find time for myself, so I always have a hard time posting on these boards and checking in but I will try hard to do something for myself. I need this. Good luck to everyone!!
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Taylor. I would like to lose 34 pounds to get to my goal weight, which is 145. I am at 179 as of last Thursday.

Short term goal: Try to get to 170 before I leave to Yosemite (July 11th)
    Long term goal: Try to get to 145 before New Years
  • sophdicko1
    sophdicko1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I am 36 year old who has been studying like mad to become a Zoo Keeper! For me Studying = Snacking …and I have piled on about 12kg..(2st) !!! Today is my first day doing 5:2 and I am so glad that I found all of you ..I think we will be able to keep us all motivated!!
  • Stormykitty
    Stormykitty Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello there, My name is Monica. After reading the posts listed I can't help but think of myself as Mama Cat. I'm 51 and survived being run over by car age(7), bi-lateral deep vein thrombosis (age 15 a condition usually effecting people 50+) , breaking my neck (age 30) followed by several surgeries (ages 32,33,39) and ovarian cancer (age48). I definitely have a lot of living left to do. My weight issue really began around age 32. Now at 51 5'7" when I joined MFP about 1 week ago I was 350lbs. Being in this condition had become extremely painful both physically and emotionally. I am working now with a therapist to build my sense of self worth and come to an understanding or acceptance of the root causes of my emotional eating issues. I am scheduled to be evaluated by a physical therapist one 4/24 and to set up a pool therapy program beginning with twice a week exercise program. My ultimate goal is to get down to 165lbs. The last time I weighed 165 was at age 30 for me that was a size 9-11 depending on the designer. My motivation to achieve my ultimate goal is foremost to be healthier to regain mobility and strength. Secondly, I want my daughter to be proud of me and when the time comes I want to be the fit mother in a gorgeous gown at my daughter's wedding. She's only 20, so I hope I have a few years before a wedding is even discussed. As future "Skinny Kitties, I am sure all have overcome many challenges throughout their life and I feel positive that by supporting and motivating each other through this group we will achieve or individual weight loss goals.
  • Stormykitty
    Stormykitty Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well I misspoke I wasn't 350 when I started, yesterday stopped by at Dr's office to use their bariatric scale and was 352 went home weighed myself and realized my scale is off by 17lbs. though omg I was 367 when I started, Just thought I should make note of this to group.