Memorial Day Low Carb Weight Loss Challenge: Week 7

Options
Citrislazer
Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
Week 7 runs from 4/21 to 4/27. Aaaaaaand GO!

Optional mini challenge for the week: Think about where you’d like to be a year from now. Make it happen starting this week!

Remember, we are doing a running total of percentage lost. Use your starting weight when you joined this challenge, and subtract this week’s weigh-in. If you’ve lost weight since last week, your percentage this week will be bigger compared to what you posted last week.

Current list of participants and their awesome progress:
Strawmama- 3.71%
frob23- 4.50%
lisajsund- 0.79%
Figaver- 1.8%
Citrislazer- 7.45%
MelRC117- 1.65%
ejdp254- 3.75%
17JayR- 4.62%
karryann2008- 3.56%
spottedkathy- 2.42%
caitaurelius- 1.8%
TattooTwinset- 1.63%
malou1985- 3.265%
pixelled- 1.05%
Cathi888- 0%
Jenabugg- 0.56%
Kellytime2los- 0%
Kergil-
jmzz1-
Siggasvana-
heatherdr-
donnaamarie-
Foomsy-
Madddonnnaaa-
KarenisPaleo-
NewInnerStren-

Formula for figuring combined weekly %
1. starting weight when you join challenge – this week’s weight
2. divide weight lost by starting weight
3. Mutliply by 100

Anyone is welcome to join the challenge at any time. To join, set your weight loss goal for Memorial Day and post what percentage you’re working towards losing.

Here’s the formula for figuring your goal %:
1. current weight this week – Memorial Day goal weight
2. divide weight lost by current weight this week
3. multiply by 100

I know that some of us weigh multiple times a week. Please post just one result for the weekly results list. But, feel free to post encouragement to others as many times as you want, tell us about your progress, or little victories.

Let's have fun!

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Not a bad week for me. Just a hair over a kg lost this week. I am not sure how upping the fats is effecting things, so I am going to try and keep them above 80% again this week. The last 8 days, I averaged: 80.56% fat / 17.27% protein / 2.17% carbs and nearly 2,000 calories a day. It's not easy eating nearly 180g of fat a day. You would think it would be, but it's a lot harder to consistently hit 80% than it was for 70%.

Anyway, numbers time!

Start Week Weight: 79.4kg
    This Week Weight: 74.8kg
    Total Percentage Lost: 5.80% (Change: +1.36%)
    Goal Percentage Lost: 8.32%

Just like always: My current percentage is based on unrounded values and is accurate. If you use the rounded values (from above) you get a slightly different number. Also, my percentage in change is change from last weeks weight, not last week's percentage.
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Go Frob!!!:wink:
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Go Frob!!!:wink:

I actually have a working theory that I am trying to test by doing this. I calculate my "actual" TDEE using caloric intake and weight delta over time. I am trying to find which variable most effects changes in my TDEE. From the actual data I have, activity level seems a poor predictor (my average TDEE over 30 days doesn't bear a strong relationship to my FitBit TDEE data--which is what I use as a proxy for activity level). My caloric intake doesn't seem to be a strong predictor either. Oddly enough, my ketogenic ratio does seem to be a strong leading predictor of where my TDEE will go (the higher my ratio, the higher my TDEE a short time later). I am pushing my ratio higher, to see if it continue to follow this pattern or if it's just been coincidental so far.

When I am done, if the results are interesting enough, I might post what I observed. It's all n=1 and anecdotal data, but it could still be interesting.
  • Citrislazer
    Options
    Frob, I'd be interested in what your results and/or experience is regardless. My ratio of food appears to have a greater effect on my TDEE as well. I use to exercise like crazy, but could never lose a pound or inch until I started eating low carb.

I learned last year while keeping my carbs under 50g, I need 40%-30% protein in my diet for aggressive weight loss. If I eat under that and have more fat, my rate of weight loss slows. I need to lose a total of 50lbs this year to be a skinny mini again.

I ran calculations this time around. I typically eat between 1400-1500 calories a day, my BMR is around 1380, I haven't been exercising and have a desk job. I average a 1.5lb to 2lb loss each week, which is a 5,250 to 7,000 weekly calorie deficit. Based on that, my body appears to be burning between 2,150 to 2,500 calories daily without exercising. According to body fat% TDEE calculators, I should only be expending around 1660 calories daily. Other factors into my TDEE is that I fast daily for about 14 hours from about 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. the next day, I only get about 6 hours of sleep daily during the week and about 8-10 on weekends. I make an effort to choose whole foods that are nutrient rich and drink all my water. Work and life has been steady and for the most part not stressful.

I would be curious to see how our results compare; and if anyone else has done a similar experiment with their food and what their results were. It would make for an interesting thread at least seeing lots of experimental results in one place. It may not be a controlled scientific study, but life isn't controllable regardless. I think any emerging patterns would still have some weight.
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Tagged for this week's weigh in...
    Results to come...
    :smile:
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Crappy carby food weight gain is gone and it took another pound with it!

4.30%!
  • Citrislazer
    Options
    New total is 7.68%. Not a very good week for me, but still a loss. Not sure the next two weeks will be very good either. I'll be on vacation. I'm afraid I'm not going to eat very well. This last week I had too many carbs on Monday and it was TOM. Double whammy.
  • 17JayR
    17JayR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Still 4.62% , but looking back at the goal I set for Memorial Day, I've hit goal. :happy:
  • Citrislazer
    Options
    Well done Jay! Congrats! How much do you think you can exceed it?
  • 17JayR
    17JayR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose about a half a pound a week, so maybe about 2 lbs more.
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thank God, finally a new number!!
    This week we have;

240-227= 13, 13/240 x100 = 5.41% :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1.69%. Went up a little but happy with it since I started my period this week. I know I will be down next week :)
  • jenabugg
    jenabugg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Posted this in the wrong thread...

Down another 2.8 pounds or 1.11%...that's 1.67% total.
  • TattooTwinset
    Options
    Last Monday: 200 lbs
    Today: 201.8 lbs
    = Gain of 1.8lbs
    GAIN of .9% :(

From the very start
    On February 24th: 205.6 lbs
    Current: 201.8 lbs
    so total lbs lost overall: 3.8 lbs
    1.85%
    I am trying to keep my eye on the fact that I am still down in weight but had a slight increase that I will be able to get rid of.