Ready to quit and be healthy

Options
I'm new to my dieting so Im scared to quit smoking at the same time. I dont want to mentally freak out and damage my goals completely by smoking more or over eating. I want to quit badly, I dont want to further harm my body. I think that MFP and the support here will help me a lot. I am ready to be healthy in life, and in self. YAY!!! I'm on my way to plan my "stop smoking eat healthy" goal...

Replies

• stefaniem76
    stefaniem76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I, too, have the same goal. The hard part for me is finding the time to exercise!! I need to make it! I quit smoking 2 months ago. Other than a 2 pound gain, I have been fine. It was the first time that I really, really wanted to quit and you know what, I did it....cold turkey. I only seem to crave one when I have a glass of wine, but I just tell myself NO! Thankfully, I don't drink too much wine. I really think it just comes down to really wanting to quit.

I hope you achieve all of your goals!!
  • mbinversie
    mbinversie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yea!!! What a great start. I quit 2 days ago, a little grrrr, but I haven't cheated on food or cigs yet (well 1 last night) I really need to stay motivated. I would love to have a healthy lifestyle, and be done with the stupid embarrassment! I have been working out 3 to 4 times a week. Hope you reach every goal (even if you backslide)
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You can do it, I am roughly one and a half mouths in (no smokes). I don't crave food or smokes. I do however feel great!
  • mbinversie
    mbinversie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So great! I backslid over the weekend, but picked up again this am. Only smoked 4 yesterday, none today. I feel like eating more, but I am going to work out tonight instead. Thanks for reminding me that it can be done!
  • rickthexpreacher
    rickthexpreacher Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    "Only smoked 4 yesterday."" NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO. Until you smoke none at all you haen't given up. Nicotine is to the smoking addict what alcohol is to the alcoholic. I puff reawakens the bodily need for more and this is the case forever. You are an addict of nicotine- a highly addictive drug-and you need to become and stay strong. Just in case you think I'm talking rubbish read my blog "Keep smoking & you will probably join me in the death walk"

Rick