Day 3 cardio power & resistance

mummybabyjojo
mummybabyjojo Posts: 87 Member
Today was nice I felt in the zone and really enjoyed a change in the warm up as it is quite monotonous doing the same one over & over again.. The time seemed to fly by except for the first stretch - 6minutes? Bit excessive isnt it? I forgot how long the stretch was its a bit too long I'd rather do some more cardio as I found the stretch cooled me down and it was more difficult to start back up again on the 1st circuit. Moaning aside I did enjoy todays workout!

Well done if you have completed today you are halfway through the first week! Tomorrow is recovery Thursday - get ready for killer thighs!

Replies

• lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    I enjoyed it too! It was a good workout!
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Must be something in the air because I really enjoyed today's too! Its crazy how much easier power jumps are now! I felt really good about today's work out. Go us!
  • abens123
    abens123 Posts: 94 Member
    Well, enjoy might not be the work I would use for today :) haha but it is encouraging to read that the power jumps get easier! I found that there was a lot of jumping tonight and my knee was getting kind of sore, so that was that. Since my knee surgery I haven't really done much for strength training. It certainly shows. When we were doing those hurdle jumps, when I was on my left knee, pushing off that was it was near impossible. It's so weird! I keep telling myself to remember how it feels now and compare it to day 60. I also was watching the Twins baseball game before the workout and it was the 7th inning, I thought, heck, i'll just watch the end of the game, it was tied at 4....well, i opted not to and went to work out. I have now done my workout and taken a shower and that game is stil going on. Good thing I didn't wait!!
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Yes, stick with it. Some of the things that are hard now are less hard in just a couple of weeks from now! So happy you've joined our group!
  • KimB1219
    KimB1219 Posts: 15 Member
    I know its only been 3 days but I feel good. Not that I could get through it without stopping, but I mentally feel good.

Priority setting. I told everyone at home that I am doing the workout as soon as I get home after work and everything else will wait. Last night my husband wanted me to load music to his headset for this weekends 5K, I made him wait.... Kids were hungry, I told them to eat an apple, they waited. I have made this a priority and want to keep it that way for 57 more days.. A happy mom/wife makes a happy household. :laugh:
  • mummybabyjojo
    mummybabyjojo Posts: 87 Member
    That's great Kim! You put yourself first and make sure you keep doing it, once you and your family get in the routine of you doing your workout at a certain time it will all become second nature and will make it so much easier to complete.