Introductions

Options
mummybabyjojo
mummybabyjojo Posts: 87 Member
Nearly time to start the insanity mayhem! Hope you are all ready for it :-) :-)

Just thought it would be good to say hi and wish everyone the best of luck for Monday's fit test.

My name is Josy and I live in Cambridge, U.K. as of tomorrow I will have officially completed my first round of insanity once I finish my final fit test. I am really looking forward to starting up all over again and hope to complete my second round with as much enthusiasm and drive as I have the first! Bring on the next 9 weeks!!

Replies

• abens123
    abens123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Aunie. I'm from Minnesota. I'm about a year out of ACL surgery and from that time I have gained some substantial weight. I am playing ultimate frisbee and just started it up again last week ( after not playing for a year and a half). I am realizing I am not at the physical ability I would like to be at or need to be at to be the best on the field and so I am ready to do Insanity. And...I would like to feel confident in my body again.

I started it about 2 years ago and got through 2 weeks of it and I remember I really liked it. While I will be borrowing the program from someone, I don't have the nutrition part of it. Can anyone fill me in on some food things? I really looking forward to this next 2 months with you guys!

Aunie
  • Artificer22
    Artificer22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey hey,

Im Keith from Minnesota as well. Finishing up round one of Insanity with Mummy tomorrow. WOOOO!!! Feelin great and hoping to push thru another round with some great ppl. Lets do this
  • mummybabyjojo
    mummybabyjojo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Aunie. I'm from Minnesota. I'm about a year out of ACL surgery and from that time I have gained some substantial weight. I am playing ultimate frisbee and just started it up again last week ( after not playing for a year and a half). I am realizing I am not at the physical ability I would like to be at or need to be at to be the best on the field and so I am ready to do Insanity. And...I would like to feel confident in my body again.

I started it about 2 years ago and got through 2 weeks of it and I remember I really liked it. While I will be borrowing the program from someone, I don't have the nutrition part of it. Can anyone fill me in on some food things? I really looking forward to this next 2 months with you guys!

Aunie

I didnt follow the nutrition guide as the calories given to me were way too high I even gained some weight at one point although once I lowered them it all started improving. I did try to eat 40/40/20 but towards the end it was more 40c/35p/25f as long as you eat relatively clean and have lots of protein I think you'll do great. I didnt lose too much weight overall but I lost a crazy amount of inches from all over my body so dont worry about the scale too much! Enjoy it :-) its going to be fun!!
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Laura from MN, too! Weird! I just completed round 1 of Insanity this weekend, so this will be round 2.
    I did Insanity and P90X in the past, and then had foot surgery and gained a bunch of weight after. I'm hoping to lose about 10 pounds with this round, but I don't know. I guess I'm more focused on seeing my measurements drop.
    I lost about 12 pounds with the first round and lost about 2 sizes!
  • mmredd100
    mmredd100 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm Melissa from Kentucky. I've done insanity in the past and I absolutely loved it. Can't wait to do the fit test tonight and get started tomorrow. I don't follow the nutrition guides but I will be trying my best to eat as clean as possible. Going to take it one day at a time and hope for the best results. Good luck to everyone!
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Katy! i'll be starting my second round of Insanity after I get off work today :)
  • KimB1219
    KimB1219 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm Kim I tried Insanity before for 3 weeks and stopped for some reason or another. I joined the group to be held accountable to push play for all 60 days this time. I enjoy running but hate to cross train so I am using Insanity as my cross training and to drop a few pant sizes. I look forward to starting tonight.
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm Stephanie from South Carolina.

I've was doing Insanity and had to stop two weeks before I got all the way through because of back pain, but I'm in it again....

So wanted to start with you guys yesterday, but life got in the way once again.

I'm on it tonight though with the Fit Test and Day 2!!

I'll check back in tonight after I'm done to post my Fit Test results!!

Good luck everyone! This is going to be GREAT!

Steph
  • NyxButterfly
    NyxButterfly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Icy.

Kind of dropped off halfway through Month 2 because university buried me in work but now that it's finally easing AND the semester's almost over, I wanted to re-commit myself to doing the full thing.
  • csparagas
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm Charmaine, from California. I hope it's okay I joined the group, I'm starting today after work. I've started Insanity months before with a friend, but she stopped coming over and I eventually stopped doing Insanity shortly after. I hope the workouts go well with everyone! I'm looking forward to losing some inches, as I've heard people usually do with this program. ????
  • AnstariaCJ
    AnstariaCJ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I coincidently started on Monday too but didn't see this group until now! Anyway, hi, My name is Anya. I live in London.
    Good luck everyone. Let's dig deep!
    P.S. After the first few days, all I can say is my new life goal is to beat Tania on my final fit test!