Bulletproof coffee

How necessary is this? I have a allergy to Milk fat, so butter is something I use sparingly. If I want to add fat I use olive oil or bacon/hamburger fat.

It sounds good, but I really don't want to spend half my day sick (it's not fun....I won't die from the allergy..but I'm defiantly not happy.)

So, answers?

Replies

• kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    I don't use butter in mine. I just used to 2T coconut oil & 1T HWC. I wouldn't say it's necessary to have it, it just makes it easier to get your fats in.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    I *love* my Bulletproof coffee, Deb. I have black coffee and 2 tbsp. of Coconut Oil...*LOVE it*...I used to put butter AND crème...and found that I am Lactose intolerant (sigh)...sooo it is JUST plain blk coffee and my CO. :):)
  • youdontknowme9
    youdontknowme9 Posts: 73 Member
    I'll have to give it a try.,...

Maybe this weekend.

Thanks
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    How necessary is this?

Not at all.

Ketosis isn't about eating a specific thing or drinking a specific thing, it's about eating x number of carbs, y number of protein, and the rest of the calories in fats. In no way do you need to drink dairy products and feel sick in order to successfully get into ketosis.

Throw off the shackles of thinking of diets as requiring certain foods. Keto, in its best form, requires you to figure out what you like and can tolerate while maintaining a specific set of macronutrients.

I ate a cookie the other day. My language exchange group met at my house and one member brought cookies, so I checked the nutrition info (the first Japanese writing I ever learned were the characters for fat, protein, and carbohydrates) and saw that I could make a cookie fit into my carb limit, so I ate one. Frankly, it was delicious. That girl left the cookies here, and they've sat since because I don't really want them (I'll bring them into work to give away). On the other hand I didn't eat any of the cake or potato chips another person brought. The potato chips went immediately down the garbage disposal when she left, and the cake went to the office the next day because I was deeply tempted (Japan knows how to do pâtisseries just as well as France).

So no, you don't need bulletproof coffee, or anything else specific. I drink it because it's handy in the morning.
  • LilMamaBear125
    LilMamaBear125 Posts: 21 Member
    I've been having my Bulletproof Coffee for some time now and thought I'd try a little experiment today. I skipped my BPC (still had my regular black coffee though). Holy crap... my butt is dragging, my mind is foggy, and I've been super hungry all day. It's only 1:15ish and I've used up my carb allotment for the day already (granted, I keep it pretty low, but still). Usually, I would just now start thinking I could eat lunch - so this is such a big change for me.
    I won't be skipping out on my "special coffee", as my hubby and kids call it, anymore!

Aside from that, not having my BPC may have messed with my mental willpower as well. I had a piece of dark chocolate with almonds and then had a KFC Double Down for lunch. Though I should be, I'm not sorry about either one. Yummmmm.

I think if you find that works for you, it's wonderful! Not necessary in the least, but be warned, once you fall in love with it you may have a new addiction :wink: