WEEKEND WARRIORS - 25-27th April

Options
cathy0536
cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
This weekend I actually don't have any major plans, other than keeping on with my exercise and food logging.

Hubbie is doing an archery course tomorrow morning so I will be acting as the taxi service for getting son 1 to pokemon club. Have turbofire to do in the morning. May suggest a family walk in the afternoon but only if the weather's better than today - it is raining A LOT!

Sunday no plans other than getting smallest son to tennis lesson at 9am and both boys taking part in St George's day parade for Scouts in the afternoon. I will be moving on to week 4 of c25K.

Anyone else got anything more exciting planned?

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Sam's Club to buy more broccoli. I love broccoli and I need more of it.

That is my weekend. :yawn:
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Friday....the weather is suppose to be beautiful so I'm going to the track. Saturday....going to the track and then get the storm shelter ready in case we have to go in it saturday night (spring time in oklahoma is no fun). Sunday.... no plans...depends on the weather and if I was up late saturday night watching the weather. :smile:
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I finally have something exciting this weekend. I will be running my first official race (a 10K). I even got my cousin to sign up and run it with me. At this point the weather forecast looks great. I hope that keeps up. I think this is an excellent way to celebrate my half year mark on MFP.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Friday....the weather is suppose to be beautiful so I'm going to the track. Saturday....going to the track and then get the storm shelter ready in case we have to go in it saturday night (spring time in oklahoma is no fun). Sunday.... no plans...depends on the weather and if I was up late saturday night watching the weather. :smile:

And...I am from Kansas so we will be watching the sky, also! Such fun in the spring - NOT!!
    But I will walk 5000 + each of these 3 days - I will, I will, I will!!
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    nothing exciting really going on here. I will be walking at lunch time today, but no other exercise for today. Tonight is my date night with the boyfriend, so I will make the healthiest choices possible and limit any boozing to 2 drinks (as for saturday too). Saturday I need to workout: running and lifting. Should be rainy so that means less people running at the reservior! Then I need to babysit my nephew for a few hours. And finally, I will continue Stage 3 of NRoL4W (workout B3). I hope to also go out and be active on Sunday, maybe a hike or a low key walk. I need to ensure I drink lots of water each day and make healthy food choices.

Good Luck on your race Shmu!!
  • Rebamae
    Options
    I finally have something exciting this weekend. I will be running my first official race (a 10K). I even got my cousin to sign up and run it with me. At this point the weather forecast looks great. I hope that keeps up. I think this is an excellent way to celebrate my half year mark on MFP.

We are so proud of you!! What an accomplishment! Go, Shmu, Go!!
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Friday: Successfully passed on an invite to lunch at the China Restaurant! Hard to do, but look at all the trouble the sodium and thoughtless eating have caused me in April...only dropped 1.5#~!!!
    Saturday: Time outdoors, hopefully. Need to get a bag packed, like the others that live in TORNADO areas... Arkansas, here!
    Sunday: Calling for storms, so will be watching that and may work in some old movies, after house chores.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: (water for me, thanks) Have a great weekend, All. Let's be mindful of our long-term goals ~bit
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Friday night is usually Costco night! We're out of frozen chicken breasts and various other things. We usually eat dinner there, so I'm going to make sure I can fit in the Costco deli hot dog.

Saturday - Hopefully going on a nice run in the morning, then taking my girls to see Bears. In the afternoon, the girls are attending a birthday party. It's outside at a park, so I'm going to take the dog and go for a walk while they have fun.

Sunday - Most likely we'll go to Busch Gardens. Also planning a run on Sunday morning.

I'm trying to run on the weekend mornings because I'm usually too tired on weekday afternoons. I wish I had more energy after school to workout. I go on a walk with the dog at the very least, so I'm meeting my Fitbit activity goal. But I may do better weight-loss wise if I did more structured workouts too.

P.S. I'm a high school science teacher and I teach mostly freshman. If you have ever been in a room full of 14-15 year olds and tried to get them to do what you want, you'll understand why I'm so tired :sad:
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

YAY!!! Races are SO FUN!!! You're going to love it!!!
  • cathy0536
    Options
    I'm going to Sam's Club to buy more broccoli. I love broccoli and I need more of it.

That is my weekend. :yawn:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cathy0536
    Options

Oh good luck Shmu, running a 10k is on my bucket list ????
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It is cold here so I just want to stay in bed all weekend. :)

What I'll really be doing is practising a keynote speech I'll be giving next week at a conference in China.

And packing

Nothing special exercise wise this weekend. Just cardio and weight training.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Friday: 4+ hrs. with 5 & 6 yr. olds-check. Walk home from school-check. Mini Challenge (150 leg lifts)-check. Take The Tornado for an after dinner walk-check. Stay under calories-check. Mission accomplished!!!
    Saturday: Walk The Tornado to Saturday school-check. High calorie, Bacon, egg & cheese biscuit from Carl's Jr., for breakfast-check. Elliptical-???. Under calories-??? Belated Easter dinner with family-???.
    Sunday: Kick back and take a nap while laundry is in the dryer. Take a walk and use the elliptical.

Go, Shmu, Go!!!

mspoopoo, China, wow!!! I've never been anywhere. Wish I was your neighbor and could travel with you. :laugh: You could tell your company, I'm your therapy dog!!!

Have a great weekend. Hugs to all!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Friday had a beast of a workout and ate like a king during dinner with margaritas :drinker:

No plans today, and playing Poker with the family tomorrow should be fun :)
  • Rebamae
    Options
    [/quote]Friday night is usually Costco night! We're out of frozen chicken breasts and various other things. We usually eat dinner there, so I'm going to make sure I can fit in the Costco deli hot dog.

Saturday - Hopefully going on a nice run in the morning, then taking my girls to see Bears. In the afternoon, the girls are attending a birthday party. It's outside at a park, so I'm going to take the dog and go for a walk while they have fun.

Sunday - Most likely we'll go to Busch Gardens. Also planning a run on Sunday morning.

I'm trying to run on the weekend mornings because I'm usually too tired on weekday afternoons. I wish I had more energy after school to workout. I go on a walk with the dog at the very least, so I'm meeting my Fitbit activity goal. But I may do better weight-loss wise if I did more structured workouts too.

P.S. I'm a high school science teacher and I teach mostly freshman. If you have ever been in a room full of 14-15 year olds and tried to get them to do what you want, you'll understand why I'm so tired :sad:

I taught Jr. Hgh for a few years so yes I do know why you are tired!! So from me to you... Just know that is a very special age and they need a very special teacher. There just isn't another time when children need that loving strong hand as they do during those early teen years. Please know I'm thinking of you!!
  • Rebamae
    Options
    I ma sorry that above post did not work the way I wanted it to!!

OK all of you computer smarties - how do I quote just one paragraph of a post. wanted to quote just the p.s. part of the post, but as you can see that just did not happen!

Please help this "old" lady!!:laugh:
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    April 25 - Normal day at work

April 26 - Fruitvale 5k with 2 of my kids, then having a spa party at my house in the evening.

April 27 - Hoping to make it to Body Pump around noon (depending on when TOM arrives) and then taking my 2 youngest kids to their 4h Rabbit Meeting in the afternoon. Helping my daughter get ready for a week of camp through school as well. It's called O.W.L. camp (Outdoor Wilderness Learning) and they leave Monday morning and we get to go to the camp on Friday for their Science Fair and lunch and then she'll come home Friday afternoon. She's in 6th grade.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well resisting the cook to order noodles and a case full of pastries at the wing fc lounge in Hong Kong.

A pastry looks really really good!

Next stop Guangzhou
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I ma sorry that above post did not work the way I wanted it to!!

OK all of you computer smarties - how do I quote just one paragraph of a post. wanted to quote just the p.s. part of the post, but as you can see that just did not happen!

Please help this "old" lady!!:laugh:

The [ quote] [/ quote] should go around the thing you want to quote.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Thanks Randomtal!!