Intro Yourself

Options

Replies

• knitgirlkc
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am a 53 year old woman that needs to lose 100 pounds.

I have three boys, 19, 18 and 14. They have never seen me thin. I have a loving husband of 25 years.

Weight has been a struggle for me for the last 20 years. It runs in my family. When my mom passed away I read some of her journals and it made me so sad to read how tortured she was by her weight. I never wanted that to be a part of my live. To think that my self worth is defined by how I look to myself. Well unfortunately I find myself in the same place as her, I just don't write it down! Every time I have lost weight I end up regaining it plus an additional 5 pounds just for good measure. I've tried them all over the years, weight watchers, jennie craig, atkins, etc...

Now I am just watching what i eat with MFP and I have started to walk on the treadmill and today I "did" a Jillian Michaels workout.

Happy to be in this group!

Kim
  • AngelRae83
    AngelRae83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!!!!! My Name is RaeAnne but you can Call me Rae. ive been on MFP since jan 11 and was in the old group i kinda slacked off and im just getting back into MFP to continue my journey. Im 30 and the mother of 2 boys one is 7 the other is 14 months and happily married. I realized more than ever that i have to get the weight off after suffering with pain in my knees for a year and just having surgery on them just in january.

I have at least 100 lbs to lose if not more but ill decide once i get there. my first big goal is to reach 199. I cant remember when i was that low. my highest weight when i was pregnant with my second was 278 and im down to 254 and im just going to keep on going. I cant go back to my career now because of the pain in my knees so im trying to sort out what to do for money and a possible new career.

I enjoy playing with my boys, sports,watching tv, netflix, croceting, and many other things and i believe i will get smaller when the time is right but im working at it. Everything happens for a reason and if i wasnt supposed to go through it god wouldnt put me throu it.

Im glad to be back in this group everyone is wonderful and i look forward to go through it with you all

Rae
    xoxoxoxoxo
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Maryse. I have been using the app MFP for about 5 weeks, things are going great. I have lost 18 lbs and counting calories. I just found the website yesterday. Think it is great to be able to give and receive support.
    I am 51, and have quite a bit of weight to lose. About 11 years ago, I had lost 90 lbs but have put it all back on and more. At my age now I find it very hard to do very exerting activities. I also have arthritis which does not help, but weighing less will help with that too. I want to go hiking this summer and hoping to be in much better shape that I am now.
    Looking forward to meeting new people, making new friends and working together to reach our goals.
    If anyone wants to add me as a friend I am always willing to talk and help.
    Hope everyone has a great healthy day!
  • saoltmab1990
    Options
    I'm Susan. I'm 23 living in Nebraska! I'm starting over and hoping for success, this time though I have my husband working at it with me, so I'm not braving 170 lb loss alone! I'm really excited to start this adventure, take it one day at a time, and see what me and my body can do!
  • ncwolf70
    ncwolf70 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm new to MFP, just joined a few days ago. I'm 43, 5 ft 6, currently unemployed and trying to stay motivated to lose weight (at least 100 pounds). I recently purchased a Schwinn recumbent bike about 2 weeks ago, wanting something low impact to exercise with due to back & knee issues. I do at least 20 minutes a day 5 days a week on it and have started logging what I eat and trying to eat healthier. Still trying to learn the site & how to use all the tools etc, so anyone who can lend their knowledge is more than welcome to add me as a friend.
  • apeydawn423
    apeydawn423 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm April, 40 year old who weighs in at 250lbs.... How did i get here??? Laziness. I have a hip that doesn't work and so quite a few exercises are difficult for me, however, NO MORE EXCUSES! It's time.i'm tired of being tired! My kids are grown and my husband and I love being on the water and I look more like a beached whale instead of a woman who is loving and living life to it's fullest.... Time for a change. Also feel free to add me as a friend I need the motivation!
  • icandoit_resa
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Theresa and I'm 26 weighing in at way too much (359 as of this morning). I've tried almost every diet out there but they never stuck and/or gave me health issues so I gave up. I've been overweight all of my life and I don't think I was ever ready for this journey until now.

I will take any support I can get as I have a long journey ahead of me! I need people who are in the same boat so that we can keep each other moving in the same direction!
  • kimmorrow30
    kimmorrow30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone :)
    My name is Kim. I'm 31 years old. 5'0 and 230 pounds. My starting weight was 239. My short term goal is to get to 200 or just under. My long term goal is to get to 150 although my dr would like me to be 120 (ya... right...)
    I live in a little town West of Ottawa, Ontario. I have one little boy who is 8 years old and I'm a single mom. Work as a casual Educational assistant and casual secretary at my sons school.
    I'm excited to meet some people that are struggling with the same journey that I am. Now.. where do I get the fancy ticker?! :)
  • zacsmommy101010
    zacsmommy101010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Jeanette, and I am 28 years old. I'm 5'10'' and currently weigh 331, after a starting weight of around 360.

I had a baby boy in February 2013 and he is my inspiration to become a better version of myself. He makes me so happy and I want to do the same for him. I don't ever want to let him down by being too tired or too sore to play with him. I WILL NOT let that happen. I take him to the library, to the park, on walks, to play outside, and I'm not gonna lie -- sometimes the couch is calling my name. However, I refuse to miss out on my son's childhood and so I have started my long, difficult journey to become about 1/2 of my starting weight.

It is a very daunting task to try and lose the equivalent of a full grown man, but I know I can do it.

Most recently, I've given up soda and started walking 1 mile around my company's building on my lunch breaks. I've found that it is a LOT easier to stick to a diet when I'm at work than when I'm at home, so I have to work on that. My husband just started a new job and we will have more money for groceries, which will allow me to get things that we normally couldn't afford, like fresh vegetables and frozen instead of canned, lean meat, etc.

On a personal note, another motivation of mine is to be taken seriously as a musician and singer. I've had people pass on me for frontman/woman positions in a band because of how I look. It's sad, but that is how the music business is. I'm not a bad singer, but can only get work around town doing weddings/funerals/parties and I have the potential to do so much more. Here's a link to my YouTube Channel if any of you are interested in hearing some of my recordings:

http://www.youtube.com/user/operajeanette

I wish everyone the best of luck and hope to learn a lot from all of you. Have a wonderful day!
  • ShaunnaMichelle
    ShaunnaMichelle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm a 38-year old college student majoring in Criminal Justice. I'm a wife of 16 years to my very supportive husband and I have two very active boys, ages 11 and 14. We have one cat named Ziva who is currently challenging my role as female head of household. I'll let you know who wins. I'm currently considering CrossFit as a potential exercise routine among others and looking for a support network during my journey.
  • Courtney4805
    Courtney4805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm courtney and a 29 year old SAHM from Houston Texas and I'm glad to meet everyone! I definitely meet the criteria in weight to lose and am happy to see mfp has been helping in aid me on my journey in doing so. I don't really have a specific number in mind that I would like to get down to but I can imagine it is going to be wonderful if/when I ever see under 200 again. Anyhow I login mostly from my phone app and get on the iPad specifically for the boards once a week or so, so feel free to add me.
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My name is Malorie 29 yrs old mother of 3 kids, 2 boys one girl i also have a 16 yr old step son. I weighed 269 at the end of my most recent pregnancy had my baby on 9/20/13, i had been working hard to hit a "normal" weight. i am aiming for 140, hoping i can get there by next january. I am looking for friends that are working hard to reach a similar goal in terms of working towards losing weight especially those that have 100+ pounds to lose. i already have 3 kids so i am not looking to hold any1 accountable for their actions, we are all adults and should be able to do that one our own. i am looking for friends to share the struggle, offer support, and be there for eachother.

best luck to ever one!!!
  • hiwy44
    hiwy44 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am Angie. I am 45 years old and live in SE Wisconsin. I gained weight in my 20's after serving in the Air Force and it's been a constant struggle ever since. I have been away from fitness pal for awhile, but I hope to jumpstart my weight loss again. I am at my heaviest I have ever been. And feeling pretty low about it. But I have made a choice to finally really do something about it. I have joined a team for the Dirty Gril Mud Run in August. It's for Breast Cancer and it's not a timed course, it's mainly for fun and to raise money. But if I want to make it throught the 5K obstacle course I need to drop some pounds and get out there and walk. I am really aiming for small goals, one at a time. No really large goal weight, but to get healthy and feel good, my knees hurt a lot. I guess if I can get down to what I was in the Air Force, that's pretty good :) But to be healthy, feel good and to really enjoy life again, that's what I really want. I need my self esteem back. I am at 313 now, first goal is 265, then 225, then 199 (this is a big one), then 175, final around 145-150 somewhere? Thanks!
  • hiwy44
    hiwy44 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I gain weight when I am stressed out too. It really sucks!!!
  • emseedubya
    emseedubya Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in the main intro. page before I discovered there are groups! So here's a bit about me:

I'm 27 and had my first baby 18 months ago, I gained 30 lbs which I have not yet lost. I moved overseas to Australia in 2008 and have gained about 15 lbs a year ever since as my life is much more sedentary here than it was in the U.S. Every year I lose about 20 lbs, and every year I hit a mental block at that stage and just start binging and gain it all back.

I don't eat very "clean" at the moment although I have gone as far as eating full vegan in the past, and I think cutting out entire food groups or completely banning any specific food from my diet is just not something I can maintain for the rest of my life. My goal is to be able to eat all the foods I love, in smaller portions. I will never be that person doing low carb, though I am learning to embrace meat a bit more. It doesn't come naturally to me but I have nothing against anyone who loves eating Paleo or having a protein shake for lunch. I'm very live-and-let-live, and believe we all have to just find what works for us and stick with it to succeed at this. I believe cynicism is a poison and have no patience for pity-parties and negativity. We're all allowed a moment to soak every now and again, but I relate best with other positive people so I try to surround myself with them and steer clear of the Debbie Downers and Negative Nancie's ;)

I started this year at 265 and currently weigh 255. I'm 5'9". My ultimate end goal is to be 145 lbs, or a U.S. size 4/ Aussie size 10. It took me 5 years to gain 100 lbs, so I'm letting go of my previous mindsets where I had to lose 1 lb a week or I was failing and I'm going to expect it to take at least 3 years to get back into the 160s. I will probably have another baby at that stage and then after that I will be working towards my ultimate fitness goals so it will no longer be about just losing weight but getting into great shape as well.
  • crawlil6
    crawlil6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, 4 kiddos..I started, stalled gave up gained back about 10 of the 57 pounds I lost and back to know down some more stubborn pounds :)
  • LisAri72
    LisAri72 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am Lisa, 41 and 5ft 4. I suffer from PCOS and a tailbone issue coccyxdinia. I live in Canada and I have been bigger since my late 20's. I am on the list for a gastric bypass and almost done all testing required. I joined this site in November 2013 but it is only in the last 40 days that I have really used it. 16 pounds so far! Whoo! I had 105lbs to lose to start with so this group is perfect for me :)

*edited to add that I have come to the conclusion I don't want the gastric bypass. I just want to do this on my own.
  • lreynolds2019
    lreynolds2019 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My name is Larissa. I am a full time employee at a job that I love but does not require a lot of movement. I sit at a desk! I have two beautiful choldren. One just turned 2 on the 7th and the other turned 6 months old on the 8th.

I am currently stuck at 153 lbs and would love to get down to 130lbs by July. Its so hard. I know I only need to be my own motivator but I still would like if I was surrounded with more support in this hard journey of weight loss. This is why i decided to join MFP so I would be able to find other people in the same situation or once was in this situation and would be able to share good advise! And help give that extra push!
  • charleigh25
    Options
    Hi my name is charleigh and I live in county Durham uk. Im 24 and currently weight 258lbs....been big since I was about 12 and piled on the pounds after I got married in 2008. My goal weight is btween 158 and 178lbs I will be very happy in the middle of these two numbers.

struggle with motìvatiin, I do great for 3 weeks then something goes wrong n I over eat for like a week. Determind to get down to my goal weight so I can live my life to the full and get some confidence back.
    Have family reunion type thing in august and hoping to lose 3 stone by then too.

look forward to getting to know and support people.
    X
  • Baco10
    Baco10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Barbara, and I live in western Washington. I have been overweight for 42 years (same as my marriage). I am coming back to MFP after being off the program for two weeks. I am 318 pounds and need to be below 180 pounds. I am 6 feet tall. I have chronic back pain so can't do much exercise, but my physical therapist suggested I get a recumbent stationary bike, so I am up to 10 minutes per day on that. I am basically counting 1600-1800 calories per day and am trying to get more veggies in my diet. I am a vegetarian. I am so sick of this battle, so am looking forward to getting some encouragement from some of you successful losers. Thanks so much for being there. I want to take care of myself and eat healthfully, but depression and anxiety get in the way sometimes, as well as the chronic pain. Looking for an encouraging friend. Love animals, especially dogs. I have two basset hounds, Darby and Callie. Dogs are such good friends.