Working through steps to reclaim myself from binge eating

Options
Hi all, I'm a 39 year old female living in the UK. I've just bought Leora Fulvio's book 'Reclaiming Yourself from Binge Eating' and going through the steps to recovery. If anyone wants to befriend me, I'm more than willing to support them in return for some support myself! Hoping to set up a blog relating to the steps in the next couple of days and will post here when I've done so.

To all those who suffer from emotional eating, good luck with your journey.

xx

Replies

• stacyg1979
    stacyg1979 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi

I share your situation... Add me please
  • nofoodforthemood
    Options
    I'm a food addict...55 days binge free :) Anyone can add me please.
  • Togi11
    Togi11 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am totally an emo eater. Recent success has come with counselling (highly recommended), a few 30 day challenges where I removed certain things from my diet altogether like sugar - so tough! - and shaking up my life to include new activities to limit alone in front of the TV time. I can count on my hand the number of times I've turned on the TV in the past few weeks. Since I did the sugar free challenge I've only had one crash and burn day which is amazing for me. Mind you, I did eat a whole carton of ice cream on that one day but hey, it's a long way from where I was.
  • chelseafisher5648
    chelseafisher5648 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a 39 year old female living in the UK. I've just bought Leora Fulvio's book 'Reclaiming Yourself from Binge Eating' and going through the steps to recovery. If anyone wants to befriend me, I'm more than willing to support them in return for some support myself! Hoping to set up a blog relating to the steps in the next couple of days and will post here when I've done so.

To all those who suffer from emotional eating, good luck with your journey.

xx

I find this very interesting. I have always felt my eating habits were like an addiction. But unlike AA and NA u cant chose to not use. So I feel its like an addict trying to use but not abuse an control there addiction. I am looking forward to your post on the steps
  • fridainthesky
    Options
    Blog post now up!
  • Sinsanati
    Sinsanati Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Are you still working through the steps of the book? How is it going?