Vipassana

Options
danikanoodles
danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
http://www.themindfulword.org/2013/vipassana-meditator-pain-peace/#ekls5GSYW7JJ3Gvi.01

This is a great writing of someone's experience attending the 10 day vipassana meditation center. I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance(it's free so why not!). I only wish I had written about my experience when I got home afterwards. It was amazing.

Replies

• BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like some experience. I had a similar experience, though less intense and a much shorter time at Satchidananda Ashram (Yogaville) in Virginia. I would like to go back sometime. This Vipassana Meditation retreat also piques my interest. Much more difficult, but perhaps more rewarding. I wonder which Vipassana Centre she went to. There are 8 in Nepal.
  • danikanoodles
    Options
    I'll have to check out the one you went to. It was nice driving through Virginia and I would love to go back and spend some time there.

I think all the centers are pretty much the same. The only difference might be a slight change in food depending on what's in season in what areas. They all follow the same scedule and set practices.

I went to the one in Massachusetts and it was lovely! Very nice hiking trails for inbetween meditations.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    It's in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It's beautiful there. What's really beautiful is the LOTUS shrine. Look for pics, you'll see what I mean. It is so peaceful there.
  • danikanoodles
    Options
    Wow! I just looked up pictures. I really need to get up to Virginia. As we drove through those mountains looked amazing.

We had to take an exit to get gas and we drove past the Natural Bridge thing. Farther down the road was a sign that said Foam henge. I couldn't see it until the way back and it was literly stone henge but made out of foam. Virginia rocks.