Favorite Keto Resturants

Options
I am in love with Chipotle so far, Golden Corral is on the top of the list and I"m looking into a brazillian steak house for someplace to go once in a great while.

But I am having problems finding new resturants that work for me. I tried Moe's last week, and they were ok, but not as fresh tasting as Chipotle.

So, any ideas or favorites to go to?

Replies

• aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't eat out but there is an app called KetoFinder that can help you find keto-friendly (or relatively friendly) options at tons of restaurants. I downloaded it for future reference and it's quite handy. It taught me you can really eat anywhere so long as you order smart options.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I am travel 4 days a week, almost all restaurants are keto friendly if you order right. The best one probably is Ruby Tuesday, they have spaghetti squash, which you can sub for wheat pasta. I eat at Wendy's, chipotle, seafood restaurants like Red Lobster, and Starbucks heavy cream latte gets me the fats if I am falling behind on the fats. Five Guys is easier to order because they have naked burger if you are shy ordering a burger with out bun.
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    I live in the UK so i dont recognise these places....

I travel a lot for work so i find it difficult, i find the pubs over here are not too bad, steak, garlic butter and ask for salad not chips/fries
    :)
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It's tough here when I'm off base, which is most of the time (I live off base and work mostly off base). Even the American restaurants have a Japanese spin on things, so I can't trust the nutrition info generally.

That said, if I were not to track I could do any Yakiniku place, and I am so deeply tempted but I would have no idea how to log it. I could also do a steakhouse, and Kobe beef is a pretty good draw but it's expensive, especially down here in Okinawa. I could probably ask the chef at a Teppanyaki restaurant to hold the rice and just give me extra veggies, but who knows what's in the sauces.

It will be worse when/if I move. I'm looking at either Taiwan or mainland SE Asia (Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, possibly Thailand) and it may just become basically impossible to maintain keto. We'll see.
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Our Red Robin will give you unlimited broccoli instead of fries. We order the burgers and just remove the buns. The green mill, don't don't if it's just a regional restaurant, but it has free refills on Powerade zero.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Cracker Barrel is my favorite. I can get all sorts of great proteins and pair them with green beans, greens, and a side salad for a low carb dinner. I give my biscuits and/or corn muffins to my dining partners, which makes them happy.

Jason's Deli is another favorite of mine - I get the salad bar to go and eat on it for two or three days.

Also, just about any steak place is a good option for me. It's pretty easy - just order too much cow, and then pick at the mixed veggies on the side, because, obviously, you want to eat the cow above the veggies!
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Jason's deli -- they Reuben with no bread, so good!
    Burger King -- happily serve you a whopper with cheese and no bun
    ANY steakhouse
    We eat out quite a bit and I've always found something to eat. Most wait staff are very accommodating.
    One bad - Applebee's. I think most of their meals come prepackaged so there is no substitutions. You just have to buck it up and stare down the fries.
  • AMPitup89
    AMPitup89 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Some of these are repeats but its my go to list that's ever expanding:

Chipotle - no rice, beans, corn, tortilla
    In-n-out - Protein style burger w/o onion or tomato
    KFC - either the grilled chicken or the original recipe. I usually have some of both. I also want to try the double down :P
    Chick fil A - Fantastic salads! Even the cobb salad can work if you've had a fairly low carb day
    5 guys - bunless burger
    Smash Burger - bunless burger, veggie fries are ok
    fast food burger joints - just remove the bun
    Taco cabana - Fajitas, salad bowl, lots of guac

Other/general:
    BBQ places - stick to the stuff w/o or with minimal sauce. Brisket is a great staple.
    Steak houses - steak and veg is a easy go to!
    Mongolian Grills - stick to the meats and veggies. Cook in oils with soy sauce, garlic and chili paste
    Mexican restaurants - go for the fajita! No tortilla
    Diner - go for breakfast! sausage, bacon and eggs galore with a coffee (i usually bring my own stevia packets)
    Anyplace with a extensive salad bar (I can even do some buffets if i stick to the plain meats and salad bar)

Also, consider picking up a rotisserie chicken at whole foods or your local market for something quick and cheaper for a family.