bike seat drainage Q

Options
KathleenKP
KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
I've been seeing adverts in Triathlete Magazine for bike seats with drainage vents.

Uhhh...what exactly is draining?

It says these seats can help you go faster. Is that b/c you don't have to stop and pee? It's the only thing I can come up with. I sweat a lot. My workouts clothes after a major brick workout can be wrung out just like my swimsuit. And I don't think I could ever produce enough sweat to need drainage holes in my seat.

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    yeah, many triathletes will pee themselves while on the bike. i don't know if i'll ever be that elite.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    yeah, many triathletes will pee themselves while on the bike. i don't know if i'll ever be that elite.
    :laugh:
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    If you don't pee at least twice during an IM you're not drinking enough. Now whether you pee yourself or not is your call. Also not sure if drainage vents are necessary. Does make me laugh though.
  • LouSmorals
    LouSmorals Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Peed during the run of a race once, felt the pee go right into my running shoe. Never thought the same about those shoes again.
  • dickrocketjones
    dickrocketjones Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hilarious.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Wow...never once thought about this while watching on TV. Makes sense though, but I agree with Capt. Apollo in that I'll NEVER make that level!

Next time I see Triathlon or Cycling on TV, you know this is going to be in the back of my mind.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I read of a pro who said that whenever she feels like she's got somebody in her slipstream, she pees herself. I really hoped she was teasing.

God forgive for the places I've peed on race day. I'll never admit any of them here.