Poll: How do you label yourself?

Options
1235»

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Dont really label myself but I guess I would be best described as a femme bisexual. I loooove women haha
  • gulfcoastnik
    gulfcoastnik Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a lesbian, with a lesbian partner. I am feminine and so is she. Our primary household duties are done out of likes and dislikes not gender specifics. I cook because I am good at it. She mows because I am not going to mow because I don't want to mow. She does laundry because I hate it. I go to the grocery store because she hates it. She however will go to the bar and order my cocktail for me when we are in public, that's because I am a Leo I believe, not because of anything about my lesbian badge.
    We have been partners for 10 years now, and most of our lesbian and gay friends don't have all those labels either.
    :happy:
  • A_shlynn
    A_shlynn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Gender labels: cisgender female
    Sexuality: demisexual biromantic
  • cserg1
    cserg1 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hetero-curious?

If it's someone new - or in general - I just consider myself gay because it's easier. But I'm sure that if I were single and had the chance I could "do it" with a female, just not get into love territory.

So, I guess semi bisexual?
  • bbwphoto1976
    bbwphoto1976 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 100% lesbian 100% woman. I'm a very soft femme... not a lipstick lesbian. I don't have problem with this label since this is who I am. :-)
  • MrsCJYoungblood
    MrsCJYoungblood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I label myself as ME! Nah, I am a Lesbian.
    I "played" bi-sexual till I was safe enough (family, friends, life) to finally come out.
    Thanks to that chapter in my life I was blessed with a beautiful son.
    I am very feminine…. I don’t leave the house with out at least mascara and foundation.
    I am very dominate.
    I take over the bedroom and occasional I will throw on some boi swag, but believe me, when I set out it is still feminine.
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Human
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awhile ago, I would have never answered this. I feel I am gender fluid and gender queer. I also say pansexual. I have a lot of passion for females, especially lesbian females. I feel I am part female though I am MAAB. I am drifting more into being female. I dress as a man, jeans, t-shirt and sandals when I can, other times lowcut LL Bean boots. We still have a lot of mud around here in Maine. My outward appearance is as a man.
  • Skittle_BoomBoom
    Options
    I label myself as who I am! Perfectly lesbian.. I feel like I could possibly feel something for a man some day but that is about as possible as winning the lottery so I keep it at the back of my mind. Also, when it comes to my identity as a lesbian, I don't like using terms "masculine" or "feminine" or "butch" or "femme". I wear and carry myself in a way that I would consider an intellectual and respectful young adult.

If my body weren't shaped as it is right now (extremely curvy) I would definitely experiment with the more "masculine" side of the spectrum.
  • JonDyn
    JonDyn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't really like to label myself, even as gay, because I don't fit Into the stereotype of it. I'm not feminine , I don't have a fashion sense or wear bright clothing, and I don't have any gender identity issues. I just find men attractive and that's all
  • emzyfish
    emzyfish Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Pansexual and femme :) I've been involved with male, female, (both cis and trans) and nonbinary humans <3
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Lesbian except for Benedict Cumberbatch. Unf.
  • yorkshiregoal
    yorkshiregoal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Labels are tricky. I don't generally connect with people who cling to stereotypes and use labels to bolster their egos... and yet I can see how they are helpful in simply defining (and re-defining) who we are! Especially in such a diverse community when all of us LGBTQ tend to be lumped together by our hetero-normative society.

I definitely feel comfortable as a woman, and yet also have a sense that there are elements of both the masculine and feminine within...

I describe myself as a lesbian, for that to me resonates with my past, present, and future inclinations (with as much certainty as one can have).

I am neither butch nor femme... I do find the term "Chapstick Lesbian" endearing, so I might toss that one in the mix as well! My personality is soft and quirky, but perhaps I have a slight lean to the masculine too...

That is me!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Queer femme. Own it, love it, it's really important to me - as much to identify what I'm not as what I am.

Queer feels more inclusive. My friends always used to joke that I was a rubbish lesbian - I'm so tied up in the butch-femme dynamic that I can't really class myself as a lesbian.... and don't want to.

Femme because I am a femme. :)
  • hkabashi82
    hkabashi82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I consider myself mostly lesbian. It's been a long, long time since I was interested in a guy that wasn't Hugh Jackman haha

I tend to be more femme - I love to embrace my femininity and I prefer women who do as well. Though, an extremely attractive boi/butch could get it too haha
  • savioroftheherpingderp
    Options
    I like to consider myself homoflexible. For the most part I'm into girls, but I don't count out the possibility of a guy. That possibility seems remote enough though that to people outside of the LGBT community, I usually just call myself a lesbian.
  • StarvingInSuburbia
    Options
    I am/identify as a cisgender pansexual female. I was born female and identify as a female, and I am pansexual.