Hi! New to group, hoping to make friends.

Options
Midlife_Crazy
Midlife_Crazy Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone! I'm finally following my daughter's advice and being social on here. Tried going it alone a couple times, just using it to track etc, but when the stress hits, I've fallen off. I 'm generally a glass-half-full kind of person, and despite my track record on mfp am actually a rather friendly person. Hoping to give and get support & motivation on this weightloss journey.
Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the group!! I have found that becoming active on some of the boards, signing up for some of the challenges and just acquiring friends on MFP has helped with my motivation and accountability. Hopefully it works for you too!

Good luck in your journey! We can do this!!

Lisa
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi. This is a great place with lots of support.
  • mrice1973
    mrice1973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've also just tried to use MFP for tracking only and doing this alone, and it hasn't worked for long term changes. I'm trying to be more social and gain a support circle to hopefully make this the time that the changes stick.
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, there are a lot of motivated and supportive people on here. Friends really do help to push us to be better I think.
  • ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    Yay, Welcome Welcome WELCOME \0/
  • Midlife_Crazy
    Midlife_Crazy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! You guys are awesome. :happy:
  • NLWears
    NLWears Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I tried to do it all on my own last time too. I ended up frustrated and quit it for a year. Now I'm back and more involved, and it really has made a big difference. Add me if you like!
  • 72Christie
    72Christie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I too have decided it's time to become more active in the forums / community, so that I have some accountability. I've generally done it alone over the past few years and have fallen off the wagon when it's become a bit too much. I think ongoing support will make a difference. You can add me too :smile:
  • joanndoody
    Options
    Me too, I'm new to MFP. I really would like to become healthier overall and know people have been successful with this. Hoping to meet some new friends to go on this journey with :) Add me as a friend!
  • MsDillieBar
    MsDillieBar Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Hi there! :flowerforyou:

I did the same thing! I joined MFP quite awhile ago and just "hovered", never participated. And never had any success! I decided 2014 was going to be very different!! No more trying to lose 2+ lbs a week (too aggressive), slow and steady for me! I started adding friends and really enjoy the interaction. I joined some groups (like this one) and a elimination challenge which I'm still in after 8 weeks (yay me)!

I don't always log food everyday but I do log in everyday to stay connected. I'm on day 93! That has really helped me to get back on track when I start to slide (like this past weekend :grumble: )!

Feel free to add me if you like! :bigsmile:
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi there.....welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I am here every day!
  • queenpookie67
    queenpookie67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to the group. Feel free to add me. :)
  • dawnmarie422
    dawnmarie422 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 last week :( so am new to this group and this is my first post. I was doing really well while I was engaged in a weight loss challenge at work but now I've gained 3 lbs back and need to get back into gear.
  • cwilkersi3
    cwilkersi3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 43 and am just a little over 200 pounds. I'm 5'4" so I need to lose weight. I have quit smoking in the past using a forum such as this so maybe this support is what I need. I'm looking for ideas on how to make better food choices. I tend to go out to eat A LOT. Overall, I need a food makeover so that I can be healthier and fit better in my clothes. In addition, I have recently begun snoring! Ugh. I am not sure how MFP works though. Do I add people or just post to this group every once in a while?

Cwilkersi
  • looklucklove
    looklucklove Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm totally with you-- I thought I could do this by myself, and I didn't need any help. Well, obviously if I'm 40 and I still can't lose the weight I need a bit of help, right! :) So this time, i'm confident I'll be able to lose the weight and keep it off! We can do it together!