New Here

Options
Jess732008
Jess732008 Posts: 98 Member
Hi, I hope people start posting more here. I am starting to go through the OA materials at home and working up the courage to go to a meeting. I really like what they have to say. It speaks to me on such a deep level and gives me hope. I just wanted to say hi and let people know I am here and going through this, struggles with overeating and OA, too.

Replies

• blackthrux
    blackthrux Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess, and welcome!

I am still pretty new to OA myself, having just found the group about 2 months ago. Like you, there was much that resonated with me when I found OA, and it really just felt like I had finally found my home.

Stick with it, and you'll find that you are not going through this alone. You can do this, one day at a time.
  • Brandybeayon
    Brandybeayon Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I can say for me it is amazing!!! I just attended my 5th meeting tonight and everyone I feel more at home!!! You are taking a huge step just considering it!!
  • purplybob
    purplybob Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Keep coming back!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Hi, I hope people start posting more here. I am starting to go through the OA materials at home and working up the courage to go to a meeting. I really like what they have to say. It speaks to me on such a deep level and gives me hope. I just wanted to say hi and let people know I am here and going through this, struggles with overeating and OA, too.

Hi Jess, and welcome!

I try to show up everyday to offer and receive support, but I've been ill for about a week. This board is relatively quiet, as only a few of us post on a regular basis. I can say from my experience in the program, that it really does work and the benefits are life-changing.