What the heck is refeeding?

Options
I keep hearing it mentioned, and I googled it, but I think it isn't sticking in my head what that is. Can someone explain this for a simple brain?

Replies

• rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Some people think that you need to add carbs back at some interval. They call it refeed. Look up TKD or CKD, it's a similar idea.
  • Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    Options
    i think it is for training and retaining muscle since it replenishes carbs. But some people argues it will only hurt Keto by either throwing people off of Keto or creating unnecessary energy to burn before fat burning occurs again..
  • MrJhonC
    MrJhonC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Its basically INTAKING CARBS for 1-2 meal Per a certain period of time.
    They said its for revamping your leptin and increase thyroid function. It helps with retaining muscle and losing more fat
    I havent done it yet since i just started adjusting.
    i did some research on it. they said if you have a platue its good to carb cycle (refeeding)

do your own research on it. its good info

its called CKD
    Cyclical Ketogenic Diet
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Carb refeed is not meant for cheating, it's used by body builders or athletes who need extra push needed from carbs. If you want to go very High intensity, it's worth loading up on carbs. Some athletes who compete in triathlons, ironman follow this approach especially on race day to get a boost in performance. The question to ask is why do you need re-feed and what problem it solves.