Hate it

Options
Anybody hate nursing?

Replies

• kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    if you hate it - it is work. If you love it - it is not. Currently, based on this, I don't even work LOL

I think saying you hate nursing is like hating Chinese buffet - there's too many choices to hate it all. Look around for other areas in nursing that interest you. There are too many options to hate them all.
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What an odd post and to just leave it at that.
    Does that mean you are a nurse and you hate it? Or do you hate nurses?
    If you are a nurse and you hate your job, either find another area of nursing and give it a go, or leave the profession.
    I have been a nurse for quite a while. Have worked with nurses who appear to hate their jobs. It shows on staff morale, but most importantly it shows to the patients. They don't need nurses caring for them, that don't really care.
    Nursing is a tough job. We get into it because we like helping others. It's physically exhausting, mentally draining, not a lot of perks. You see your patients (hopefully) get better or helping them and their families come to terms with their diagnosis and make plans.

I hope you find what you are looking for if you are a nurse, or leave and go be happy in something that suits you better.
    If you aren't a nurse - well.... weird.
  • mohawkRN
    mohawkRN Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The thing about nursing is that it's so diverse, you can almost always find another job. I have not LOVED nursing, but I like my current job relative to what I've done in the past. There are other jobs I'd like but family circumstances (Two small kids) make my current job the most convenient for me right now (and I should say, I work per diem so I am spoiled in that sense). If you're in a hospital, why not try community nursing, or if you're in long-term care, maybe try a hospital. I am also spoiled in that there are plenty of jobs for experienced RNs with a BSN in my area.
  • mohawkRN
    mohawkRN Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh and I see you work the night shift. I'd hate that, too. But I know that sometimes it's what you have to do. Try another shift, maybe?
  • Jensan03
    Jensan03 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't overall hate nursing.... I've been a nurse for 10 years and for the most part I like it what I don't like is the cultural shift in healthcare that feels like the patient is always right, and and that there's a feeling of threatening their if we're late on their meds other pain meds or if something doesn't go as planned and when patients are treated like this is the hospitality industry instead of us actually taking care of them because they're sick.... it's the attitude that I get from a lot of patients and their family members that makes me dislike nursing. And yes I do work in inner-city and I also do feel like that is wearing off on me.