Elite Nutrition Plan?

Options
AnstariaCJ
AnstariaCJ Posts: 14 Member
Hi all,
The workouts, though difficult, seem to be easier for me that maintaining an appropriate diet for this plan (or life in general). Has anyone followed the plan that comes with the discs or are you doing your own thing? I'm wondering if I should follow it just to make sure I stick with the diet (or any alternative suggestions you might have) because during week one my intake was erratic (especially with eating out 3 times this week) and completely above any caloric goals that were set.

Grrr...why is maintaining a diet so hard!

Replies

• KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I ate like garbage the first time I did insanity and didn't see the results I would have liked. I did see some, but nothing huge. So, this time I am going to try really hard to follow the guidelines. For me that would be eating about 1500 calories or so on workout days and on rest days more like 12 or 1300.
    I know! If only fitness was just working out I would be a pro! But damn, cheesey fries are good :)
    Best of luck! Feel free to vent here about the temptations! That's what we're here for!
  • Artificer22
    Artificer22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I dont stick with the plan either. I just watch what i eat. Ive completely cut out junk food, although i do cheat every once in a while. If i have to eat fast food i go with the lighter options and always sub a salad instead of fires, damn i miss McDonalds fries. The really tough thing on insanity is its a calorie burner and if you dont eat enough your body will hold on to everything it can. Like Katy said, aim for 1500 calories. Dont ever dip below 1200, thats a big no no. It takes a lot of work to get into the mindset of this is what i will eat and no more. An important thing you need to do is allow those cheat days. Enjoy the things you love but dont make it a habit. I usually have one day every two weeks where i just dont care and enjoy. Its important for your own sanity as well as the caloric shock will cause your body to burn calories. Sometimes when you're at a set level your metabolism can slow down, so you need to shock the system every once in a while. Im no expert but its what ive learned over the past few months. My biggest change hasnt been in eliminating everything bad for me. Its eating one of something instead of two. Choosing this option over that. As we speak I am being tempted by girl scout cookies. They are a big weakness for me so i have just one or two. And like Katy said, we're all here for eachother on this journey. Always helps to have people to sound off on. I know i wouldnt have gotten this far without the amazing people Ive met on here. So keep it up, we all falter.
  • KatyFace9801
    Options
    about cheat days: I am going to start aiming for one cheat MEAL a week. I feel like that's enough to enjoy and when I have a DAY I kind of loose my damn mind, but when it's one meal (usually dinner + desert typically) I don't feel as guilty the next day
    But find what works for you, of course
  • AnstariaCJ
    AnstariaCJ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding. I have a horrible weakness for chocolate. Just binged on a whole 100g bar of Galaxy! All 555 delicious calories. I was doing so well. I just have to make sure not to buy any junk because I'm just lazy enough to not go to the shop to buy some when the urge hits. I'm going to just stock up on healthy foods and prepare and freeze meals so I have no excuses. Any other tips to keep junk out of my belly?
  • KatyFace9801
    Options
    Sugar sets off the same sort of chemical reaction in your brain that a drug addict gets when they do drugs. So, you're going to crave more once you have some! So, I would suggest- let yourself have that chocolate bar at the end of your cheat meal (or day, how ever you decide to do it) So, have one once a week but at the end of the day- not the beginning so you're not craving that chocolatey goodness all day!
  • Artificer22
    Artificer22 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree with Katy completely. If your gonna do it, do it once and in the evening, When i get my big cravings i have fruits and veggies in the fridge that i munch on. I have to consciously say no sweets and grab the healthy stuff. Its a fight every day changing your habits, but once you do it'll get easier
  • mummybabyjojo
    mummybabyjojo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It is hard to stick to a diet however I find if I eat high protein foods that I tend to be less hungry throughout the day. My breakfast is usually tiny as well to allow for more snacks in the evenings. I think if you do want to allow yourself a snack or two make sure you cut back on your other meals to allow it.

It is down to you to make it work and only you know what your biggest downfalls are - plan ahead, keep healthier low calorie alternatives/snacks in easy to reach places and hide all the bad stuff (or better yet don't have any tempting foods around at all)

If you like chocolate/sweets the fun size ones are a good option as you can have one and they usually come under 100cals - I always have junk at home as the rest of my family still eat it - in order for me not to have too many I've put all the chocs in old tins in the cupboard so that when I open it I don't have a visual of them thus making me choose a healthier alternative.

Don't beat yourself up if you do pig out every now and then we can't stay away from it all the time - as long as it's once in a while it won't do you any harm.