Typical day?

Options
melodymedlin
melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
So what does everyone's typical day consist of? I'm in phase 1. Any advice on snacks etc??? What about dinner ideas? Were trying Ancho macho chili tonight (net 3) :) Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Replies

• DevWall44
    DevWall44 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, Melody! Today my menu looks like this. I do like to snack on pepperoni and slices of ham. I usually always have deviled eggs on hand because my husband loves them. I'm trying to incorporate more "recipes" into our meals though. I have just been doing steak, chicken, or breakfast for dinner. I found a lot on pinterest that i'm going to try.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 sausage patties
    Lunch: Can chicken or tuna with mayo and hot sauce
    Snack: Cheesestick
    Dinner: chicken wings

What does your day look like?
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    I've only been doing this two days but wanted ideas: I bought the atkins meal bars and snack bars just incase but have used them today and yesterday. Tomorrow they are off the list. LOL

Today:
    Breakfast homemade sausage muffin (it uses eggs, cheese and wholehog sausage)
    snack: atkins indulge bar (caramel nut)
    lunch: baked pork chops with country veggies (4n.c)
    Snack: atkins meal bar
    dinner: atkins Macho chili (in crock pot) with 1/3c shredded cheese. :)
    snack will either be pepperoni chips and cucumber slices or egg?

You can send friend request if you'd like. I probably need all the help I can get as I'm just starting out.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that for me, the Atkins bars did not work well. I don't know if it was the sweetness of them or some ingredient in them, but I had trouble staying in ketosis with the bars.

Other snacks, etc. are pork rinds (easy to bring along whereever you are), avocados are high in fat so I slice them and have some with tuna and mayo for a snack or meal, chicken breast with pesto (check the carb count). Are you doing induction and shooting for 20 carbs or less?

Good luck!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    want an awesome snack, My daughter showed me this last time she was low carbing, ( she does low carb for a couple weeks at a time when a few pounds creep on gosh I wish I would have known about low carb when I was young) any ways
    its called CHEESE CRISPS, and they are so yummy
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/cheese_crisp.html
    easy to fix in the microwave and so crispy delecious!!
    hope this helps
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    Thanks ya'll. Yes I'm on induction but I had to modify it a little due to meds. :) I'm trying my best and hoping to see a change soon. I will try those snacks as well. Pork rinds do sound yummy.
    As far as cheese crisps I will check out the website and try them too.
    My friend said to try and stay clear of the bars for a couple of days and so i'll doing that starting today. will keep ya'll posted on progress.
  • ashleezona
    ashleezona Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That Genaw website Tim mentioned is the best!! I'm on day 4, but have been making "Just like stuffed baked potatoes" as a delicious way to sneak in vegetables for my toddler. It's filling but doesn't make you feel heavy and it makes a great side for chicken, fish, steak, etc...
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/just_like_stuffed_baked_potatoes.html

She marks the recipes that are suitable for induction with an asterisk.
  • melodymedlin
    Options
    That Genaw website Tim mentioned is the best!! I'm on day 4, but have been making "Just like stuffed baked potatoes" as a delicious way to sneak in vegetables for my toddler. It's filling but doesn't make you feel heavy and it makes a great side for chicken, fish, steak, etc...
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/just_like_stuffed_baked_potatoes.html

She marks the recipes that are suitable for induction with an asterisk.
    This sounds good will have to try that!
  • VaporHero
    VaporHero Posts: 33
    Options
    I just started on 4/28, but basically im just playing around with different meats amd seasonings. Im kinda scared to eat cheeses even though were allowed. I was always told cheese is bad for you lol. Anyways, best of luck to you. Im new here so I cant offer much advice but I'm rooting for you :)
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Google cavemanketo for good low carb ideas, and help with bulk cooking for a week's meals. It's super helpful and takes a lot of guesswork and thinking off your mind.