Belly Fat

Options
LadyBoss_1989
LadyBoss_1989 Posts: 121 Member
Can you successfully lose belly fat even with having hasimotos hypothryoidism?
I'am currently taking 75 mg of Lexyrovine or how ever you spell it, and starting today (would have started sooner if I knew about this), going Gluten free, and cutting out Bread and Dairy, just as a trial run, to see if that helps with toning my tummy down.
Doing all this ofcoarse with Cardio and heavy lifting weekly. this is currently what im dealing with...

28bwmf5.jpg
adult image

Replies

• Winonoir
    Winonoir Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say yes, I've done it although I'm far from perfect. I will say is just because your going gluten and dairy free doesn't mean substitute them for gluten free products, base your meals around protein and veg and don't forget the fat(saturated is good for you and more recent and better research shows that it isn't bad for the heart, neither is cholesterol) Keep the gluten free products for some one off nice things to eat if your missing whatever product.

Also for me T4 only meds felt about as useful taking smarties. I've found(and many other people too) NDT to be far greater.
  • dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I look the EXACT same not gaining weight in any other place but my belly and the back of my neck! Hang in there, I am praying/hoping/chanting to Buddha (hey whatever works at this point), that this new med Tirosint (pure gel cap T4) combined with the T3 (Cytomel) I already take will help me shed lbs... I've been working so hard, and literally one slip up, will cause me to gain everything back! GOOD LUCK! Hoping for you!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating at a deficit, period. And where the fat comes off is entirely determined by genetics. My friend loses weight first in her breasts, but I lost 25 lbs. and still wear the same bra size.

If you lose weight, your waist will eventually get smaller. You've got your "before" photo. Take measurements, too.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • nwiggins04
    nwiggins04 Posts: 1
    Options
    "You lose weight by eating at a deficit, period".....

I've read the guide posted and it's good, however in my opinion we have to be careful with making strong statements like that. I'm not an expert in hypothyroidism, but I have just spent the last 10 months "eating at a deficit" eating lean meats and vegis AND exercising 6x a week.. I lifted weights, did spin classes, ran, fit camps..the whole nine and I didn't lose weight! Can you say frustrating!!

6 weeks ago I found out I am hypothyroid along with adrenal fatigue. Now that I'm working on healing those adrenals and taking thyroid medicine the weight is starting to come off. I'll reach my goal, but in my situation it didn't start with "eating at a deficit". :smile:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's, and I lost way more slowly than most MFPers, so be patient!

But I did lose. Before you say it's hopeless, be 100% sure that you're actually eating at a deficit. Weigh absolutely everything you eat and measure all liquids that have calories (for example, whatever white stuff you put in your coffee). And the burns are only estimates, so if you're not losing eat back half your exercise calories.