Week 1

Options
I've decided to do 2 days on, 1 day cardio, 2 days on, 1 day cardio, 1 day of rest (so 4 days RI30/week).

I'm on day 2. Boy am I sore! I fell trying to do the lunge/curl because my legs were so sore from yesterday but got through it. Anybody else hate circuit 3??

Tomorrow I'll cycle for 10 miles and do her Yoga workout since it's pretty mellow. Need to get a good stretch in my hammies.

Replies

• JennyGOL87
    JennyGOL87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like your schedule- might steal it :) I found the day after my first ripped in 30 workout, my legs were sooo sore, there was no possible way I could do it again.
    That circuit 3 is killer!
    I feel like there needs to be a longer stretch at the end of the video. I've started doing at least 10 minutes of stretching after, because my muscles get way too sore.
  • alieneating
    Options
    Yah she definitely doesn't cater much to the after stretch. She even admits her flexibility isn't great in another video of hers. All fine by me - just find something on YouTube like Gentle Yoga.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 last week, and did it again last night. I think I am going to do it every other day for the most part. I play a lot of tennis and I'm halfway through Couch to 5K so I do that as well. I am semi-sore today from last nights workout. I played tennis tonight and my back was really sore so I will day 2 tomorrow night. I need to yoga or something too!
  • Ewestlu
    Ewestlu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I finished day 3 today. I am also doing C25K so I will be alternating running with the DVD. I am pretty sore but feeling good. I am able to make it through the whole workout with no breaks and use 5 or 8 lb weights for most exercises :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 2 today.

I will be doing 4 days of Ripped and No More Trouble Zones on weekends. The exercises almost look alike but NMTZ is longer.

I always run out of breath and exercises are so damn hard but loving it in the end.
  • JennyGOL87
    JennyGOL87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Finished another workout last night :)
    Starting to be not so sore after the workouts.
    I was using mostly 3lbs, but last night went up to 5lbs except for a few of the exercises. The 5 lbs feels like I am pushing myself more, without straining TOO much.
    I'm finding the circuit that kills me is the side lunge, with weights out in front of you. Near the end of the workout. Anyone know what I mean? It just kills me.
  • epd17
    epd17 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For some reason those are the worst!!!! I dread the side lunges! I take them slow and try not to rush myself.

When she says stick you butt out I almost feel like I'm going to fall over!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    LOL epd17 and JennyGOL87....That is exactly where I struggle too. I started 2 1/2 weeks ago. I work out about 4-5 days a week and try to do something on the weekend (hiking or treadmill). The dang side lunge with weights out in front are KILLER. I am using 5 lb weights but on that last part can really feel it and probably don't have the best form (oops)....but every time I'm getting a little stronger. Yipee.....my pants are getting looser!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done!! I like circuit 2. I also hate the side lunges. I hurt my knee last year because of poor form on lunges, so I just do the arm raise until I learn proper form. Day 3 tomorrow or Friday!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the game here and just getting started. Anybody else just beginning? I'm not planning to do it daily either. I completed 30DS in Jan/Feb, doing the workout daily, and I was soooooo burned out by the end. I'm planning to alternate with my regular running workout and pilates.

Day 1 down yesterday. Level 1 doesn't seem so bad so far. Still having trouble keeping my form correct on the side lunges. Very sore in the hamstrings today. I'm looking forward to this!
  • tiazinha
    tiazinha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday again. A couple of weeks ago I started but took like 5 days off due to some lif craziness. I had actually begun week 2, but wow it is a lot harder than week 1 so I decided to start over. I think I will also do 2 days on/cardio/2days on/cardio/rest. Sounds like a good plan! But I might do 2 weeks of each level instead. Anyone else try week 2?
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yep, today was day 5 of week two. It's a killer. Lots of arm/shoulder stuff (planks with leg movements). The first day or two was rough but stick with it. I think I'll do week two again next week making it 10 days of week two instead of 7.
  • EmiDeeDoo
    EmiDeeDoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm startin' week 2 of week 1, haha. My arms aren't strong enough for all the plank business I hear come up next, so I'm waiting on going to the next bit.

Congrats on starting! I'm actually pairing the Walk Away The Pounds 4 Mile with Ri30. It's super tiring, but I get antsy and bored during the day and decided marching in place was better than spinning around in my computer chair. I'm having great results, so it's worth all the sweat. :)
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting! I'm actually pairing the Walk Away The Pounds 4 Mile with Ri30. It's super tiring, but I get antsy and bored during the day and decided marching in place was better than spinning around in my computer chair. I'm having great results, so it's worth all the sweat. :)

I have been pairing it with walk away the pounds workouts too. They are a lot more fun than I thought they would be.
  • EmiDeeDoo
    EmiDeeDoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    They are! Even better if you're listening to the Zombies!Run app and pretend you're on supply run missions, hahaaa~ The two DVDs together are kicking my butt in the best way.
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the game here and just getting started. Anybody else just beginning? I'm not planning to do it daily either. I completed 30DS in Jan/Feb, doing the workout daily, and I was soooooo burned out by the end. I'm planning to alternate with my regular running workout and pilates.

Day 1 down yesterday. Level 1 doesn't seem so bad so far. Still having trouble keeping my form correct on the side lunges. Very sore in the hamstrings today. I'm looking forward to this!

I'm so far behind (May has just been crazy so far) I've decided to just restart. There's no point in trying to move onto Week 2 when I can barely get through Week 1. Maybe those of us that had to restart can motivate each other...feel free to send me a friend request!
  • crys_aintgivingup
    crys_aintgivingup Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    No worries, I'm also just beginning - I'm on day 4 today. I'm also running 3x a week.

I love the strength moves but HATE THE RUNNING MAN. HATE IT!!!!!!!!
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    I love the strength moves but HATE THE RUNNING MAN. HATE IT!!!!!!!!

Running man! Urgh when they start it takes me about 5 seconds longer to pump myself up for it :laugh:

Im on day 3 week 1 today