May the May 2014 Challenge be with you!

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
Welcome to the MFP runners' Team Challenge! Each month we set running goals and then track our miles and encourage each other to keep it up. Check in here for

May!

To join us, all you need to do is visit the spreadsheet below and record your information on the first tab. The second tab tallies the results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkmK3myW0PepdGRRczlJUEdpaUxOUUVBeExkTzVXRXc

To get started, you need to enter your name and your GOAL for May. Let us know in the comments if you have any difficulties doing this. Then, enter your mileage each day. Everything should be automatically tallied on the second page of the spreadsheet -- please DON'T edit the second page!. Let us know if it's not working and we'll fix it!

Important: Enter your name/goal at the bottom of the list; we'll sort it periodically. It doesn't work to add a name to the middle!

*** Spreadsheet:

As usual -- to refresh the spreadsheet -> click the refresh :happy: button on your browser, or try CTRL+R then CTRL + F5 a couple of times if you are using the Windows OS, or replace the CTRL key with Command key if you are on a MAC, or, Command+R and then Command+Shift+R on a MAC. We will try to update this a few times each week, or you can always visit the Google Doc spreadsheet if you have any questions!

( --- refresh browser for latest copy --- )

May:
May_MFP.png

April:
Apr_MFP.png

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna shoot for the moon and say 175!
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Going to try to get back on track with 100 this month, after a dismal April.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Since I did not reach April's 145 miles because I had to take a week off... And since I'll be tapering for 2 weeks in May, I'll go with 145 miles again.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    How was I not in this group before? I'm in for 200.
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Starting low again...didn't do well last month. Here's to a fresh start!!! I'm in for 50...here's hoping I exceed that!!! YAY! :blushing:
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Starting low again...didn't do well last month. Here's to a fresh start!!! I'm in for 50...here's hoping I exceed that!!! YAY! :blushing:

I just realized that I didn't log all of my runs in April...whoops!!!
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

I just realized that I didn't log all of my runs in April...whoops!!!

There's still time! I will update the spreadsheet one more time tomorrow.
  • RunAshley821
    RunAshley821 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh, I LOVE SPREADSHEETS!!! (...and sadly I'm not kidding :) ) count me in! It's gonna be a low month - 2 weeks in Germany for vacation - but Chicago Marathon training will pick up in June! :)
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The wheels really came off the bus for me in April. This has been my lowest mileage month in at least a year, probably two. In fact, I only ran once in October and went farther than all my runs this month put together.

It's time to get moving again, though, so I'm going to say 105 again for May!
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Joining the mileage tracker. Thanks everyone. Shooting for 100...first marathon for me on Mother's Day.
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    In for 120.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Since my running streak will reach will hit 180 days next month, I'm in for 180 miles to celebrate! ;)
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Why were you hiding this from me? :P In for 225
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Well due to injury I was not able to meet my April challenge so I am in for 75 again.
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't make it to 200 last month as planned :grumble: . Too much mental laziness plus travel and a race. I will try for 175 miles in May. Have a good month everyone.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Well due to injury I was not able to meet my April challenge so I am in for 75 again.

You got this, Shirley!

I'm in for 100
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    80 miles for me
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 150! that's my usual amount, but I've got a lot of races this month and I'll be logging fewer training miles. :D

Last month before summer slacking!
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a major cutback month for me, trying to rest up and recover after my triathlon and before starting training for New York. I'm in for 105.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    My goal for April was 85 and I ran 117.

I am going to shoot for 115 next month and it will be great if I go over.

< I discovered knee likes trail running much better than road running >